Marketing and Communications Executive (PR, Events, Comms) BLUM57194
Salary £20,000 - £25,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
A few things you should know about our client and their award-winning app…
So far, they have given over 250,000 pupils a voice to report incidents of bullying, cyber bullying, racism, extremism, radicalisation, sexism, mental health and self-harm. Up to now, they’ve done this with a small team, but they’re growing quickly! And want that number to reach 1 million before the end of 2018.
To help them get there…
They’ve just fundraised around £1 million
They’ve got a whole host of new features launching this year for education
They’re exploring new sectors and have exciting plans for future products
With this in mind, they’re now looking for a hands-on and ambitious marketing and communications expert to join the marketing team here in Manchester!
They need your help to communicate all of these exciting things to their lovely current and future customers. Day-to-day you’ll be getting stuck in to marketing and communications activities, coming up with ideas that raise awareness and deliver results. You’ll work closely with the Marketing Manager, as well as other teams across the company.
Our client wants to give the world a voice, and they can’t do that without a talented and passionate team to get them there! They would love you to be a part of it.
Your job will be to….
• Support the development and implementation of multi-channel campaigns using email marketing, social media, media partnerships, direct mail, PR and content marketing
• Use the full marketing mix for the company’s marketing communications
• Write and edit high quality, compelling copy, which is accurate and grammatically correct, making sure that all printed and online communications demonstrate the brand values
• Support the development of the brand and ensure all marketing materials support the brand guidelines.
• Conduct regular media monitoring and proactive media outreach to make sure the corporate message is reaching future customers
• Support the PR strategy by searching out new press contacts, managing the press database, circulating press releases and evaluating the success of key pieces
• Seeking out events and conferences to support the marketing strategy
• Support the coordination of the company’s presence at events, and represent the company when appropriate
• Manage digital media, including the website and social media channels.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a marketing communications role, advantageous to have worked within Education, Technology or a SaaS organisation.
• Proven ability to deliver effective marketing communications campaigns, including coordinating press, events and digital channel messaging.
• Outstanding writing skills, with experience communicating with a range of audiences including; customers (current and future), end-users and partners.
• Experience planning, researching and creating content and resources for a variety of communications channels.
• Demonstrable experience working with media to develop stories.
• Proven ability to work independently and drive projects through proactive decision-making.
• Ability to multi-task and work effectively on several active projects simultaneously.
• Excellent IT skills including experience using a range of programmes
• Good sense of humour and ability to adapt to a changing environment as the company matures
• Marketing or related degree or CIM/CIPR recognised qualification
• Knowledge of the Education sector
• WordPress or similar CMS
• Capsule or similar CRM
• Photoshop and other programmes within the Adobe suite
• Google Analytics
• Driving license
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.