Marketing Campaign Manager – IET Events
£26,000 to £29,000 per annum
The IET are seeking a passionate and creative Marketing Campaign Manager to be responsible for developing and implementing events and awards marketing campaigns to the IET Membership and wider engineering community, both in the UK and worldwide.
The Marketing Campaign Manager will work with colleagues across the IET Events team to build our brand reach and equity; increasing both registration numbers, value and market share. You will develop relationships with external publications, associations, websites and suppliers to maximise budget spend, raise delegate numbers and cross promote the full range of IET products and services where appropriate.
This is a specialist professional role and requires an enthusiastic, dynamic and competitive individual possessing imagination, creativity and an ability to work both as part of a team and independently. Strong copy-writing and IT skills are a must. The Marketing Campaign Manager will also include direct line-management of an Events Telesales Executive and some mentoring and advice giving to junior members of the team.
The successful candidate will have experience of campaign management, with a marketing degree or diploma and the ability to communicate with confidence. The Marketing Campaign Manager will join a creative, hardworking and digitally minded team, so you will need to be able to bring and develop effective marketing strategies - thinking beyond individual tactics and planning for the bigger picture.
This role has a specialist focus on the marketing of IET Events but may assist with the marketing of other Knowledge Management products and services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities (Summary):
- To deliver professional marketing support to the IET Events team including advice, project management and campaign work within deadline, budget and satisfaction
- To develop and implement marketing campaigns for individual events across a wide range of marketing channels
- To work creatively within the budgets set by the IET Venues and Events Marketing Manager and provide regular financial and ROI reporting
- To deputise for the IET Venues and Events Marketing Manager where required
- To assist with the optimisation, updating and traffic monitoring of the IET events websites, working with the Events Website Administrator
- To source external lists appropriate to specific events as a component of individual marketing campaigns
- To liaise with external suppliers to ensure the timely production of event brochures and other promotional material, e.g. banner stands
- To act as lead liaison on behalf of the Events Marketing Team with key suppliers
- Ensure good working relationships are built with colleagues throughout the organisation and a thorough understanding of individual business function needs
- To establish relationships and negotiate contra deals with external publications, associations and websites in order to develop optimum external coverage for the IET Events portfolio
- To manage the external PR agency for IET Lectures and IET Awards and help devise creative, cut-through stories and angles
- To feed into the IET Events Twitter feed and overall social media presence
- To ensure that the IET corporate identity and brand is adhered to in all marketing materials
- To ensure that all communications are of a consistently high quality in copy, tone, design and print
- To ensure that all copyright issues are checked and adhered to, and that the organisation is not subjected to any legal misrepresentation
- To stay up to date with the very latest marketing techniques, trends and policies and identify opportunities for IET Events to exploit / implement them
- Ensure good working relationships are built with colleagues throughout the organisation and a thorough understanding of individual business function needs.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Proven experience in integrating marketing across different channels in a commercial environment / product set
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Some commercial experience, preferably gained within a marketing environment
- Excellent project and budget management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Full IT literacy with an understanding of print and electronic marketing techniques
- Highly organised with the ability to deal with multiple projects on an on-going basis and meet deadlines
- An enthusiastic and proactive person who can work on his or her own initiative within a busy team and under pressure of tight deadlines
- Imagination and creativity
- CIM or DMA Diploma and / or Marketing Degree
- Commercial events marketing experience