Marketing Campaigns Manager - Sports
Leading FTSE 50 Company
£50K-£55K + Bonus + Benefits
Superb opportunity for dynamic, creative sports-loving, consumer brand marketer to play a key role in building and driving world class marketing & communication initiatives for a major on-line and retail brand across the UK & Irish markets. This is a role for a big thinker with a creative mind, commercial savvy and real passion and drive; someone who can land truly TTL communication plans that are executed across every marketing channel from TV to mobile, radio and social media, driving brand awareness and engagement and specific activity focused around key sporting events across the year. A passion for sports would also be valuable! FMCG, retail, services experience could all work for this role.
Our client is a fast-paced entrepreneurial powerhouse of a business that is growing rapidly in the UK and internationally with a major on-line presence. One of the FTSE 50 names, the company’s brands are seen as some of the most distinctive consumer brands in Europe, spending hundreds of millions on marketing every year; a business that has been a pioneer in its sector and engages with millions of consumers every day.
- Develop and refine a multi-channel brand communication strategy, including annual planning and identifying key opportunity areas.
- Flawless execution of all brand campaigns for the UK & Irish markets including activity focused on the football World Cup, Cheltenham, The Grand National and the start of the new football season.
- Land truly TTL communication plans that are executed in every marketing channel, from TV to mobile banners, radio to You Tube.
- Central point of contact in the business for all day to day brand activity, engaging with a wider range of stakeholders across commercial, digital and retail teams to align and amplify plans and understand the ongoing needs of the business.
- Owning the UK & Ireland media plans as the main contact to both media agencies, coordinating the monthly plans across all communication channels.
- Work with the advertising agency to launch new brand campaigns and keep communications fresh.
- Identifying growth opportunities and driving innovation and creativity across all elements of the brand marketing strategy.
- Management of a team of 3 brand marketing execs.
Skills & Behaviour Checklist
- Customer Obsessed: Drives process improvements that will help the business build and maintain effective customer relationships using insight to build and identify creative solutions and services.
- Hungry for Results: A passion for achieving great results with agility, pace and energy; always looking for ways to raise the performance bar with a track record of exceeding goals and leading teams across multiple locations and functions.
- Wins Together: A team player who works collaboratively to establish and engage networks to get work done and who seeks out and shares ideas and perspectives.
- Quality Decision Maker: Makes quality decisions at pace, even in ambiguous or challenging circumstances, recognising when an 80% solution will do; someone who considers different approaches and trade-offs to arrive at effective decisions.
- Commercially Savvy: Keeps up to date with current and future trends and business developments; uses this knowledge to shape and guide decisions and actions to positively impact business drivers.
- Game Changer: Models and encourages others to be curious, develop and explore innovative solutions and approaches to challenges by applying expertise and fresh thinking; champions change with an open-mind and an eagerness to try out new things.
- Nimble: Learns quickly when faced with new, unfamiliar and changing situations; models and encourages experimentation and agility when faced with unknown scenarios; promotes continuous learning from both successes and failures, and shares lessons learned.
If you are up to this challenge, talk to us now. This is one of those rare opportunities to bring your skills, experience and energies to a uniquely exciting and challenging operating culture in which you will be able to make a lasting impact on a business that celebrates success. If you would like to discuss this role, please contact Adam Tarsh ASAP.