We are looking for a dynamic, proactive and versatile Marketing & Communications Manager to join our client’s Sherwood office team on a full-time basis.
This position is a 12 month fixed term contract with the possibility of extending this term after the 12 months.
Our client is a Community Transport company who take prides in offering accessible travel to people in Nottingham, especially to those who find the main bus and tram network difficult or impossible to use. They also operate conventional bus services across the city and are committed to fostering community links and enhancing mobility across Greater Nottingham.
As Marketing & Communications Manager you will promote accessible travel and bus services, communicate aims, key messages, news and achievements and attract more passengers and stakeholders.
While you will have a range of set communications functions and will receive feedback from the General Manager, you will have the autonomy to generate ideas, and run marketing and stakeholder campaigns.
You will play a vital role as part of the team in:
• Marketing the organisation to target and attract individuals and communities and increase take-up of services;
• Promoting the services, aims, quality standards, USP and achievements of the organisation to the wider community, assisted by regular communication with key staff members;
• Proactively generating as well as gathering and issuing news stories to raise the profile through press releases, social media and the website;
• Developing and taking forward an overall marketing strategy and managing a defined marketing budget; and
• Acting as an ambassador to boost the outreach of the whole business to a diverse range of stakeholders, local and regional press and media, colleagues and board members.
We are looking for someone who has/is:
• A passion and flair for communications, promotions, marketing and press work and preferably two years’ experience in these areas.
• Equipped with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proactive and flexible
• Demonstrable experience of running marketing campaigns, engaging new stakeholders and keeping existing ones
• Gained news coverage and promoting messages to a diverse audience.
Experience or knowledge of the passenger transport sector is not essential for this role, however an interest in this area and keenness to learn is strongly welcomed.
Key Skills & Experience
• Outgoing and tenacious personality, enthusiastic about promoting messages.
• Skillful and versatile written and verbal communication.
• Excellent interpersonal and rapport-building skills.
• Ability to manage and take responsibility for a marketing budget
• Awareness of the diversity of Nottingham’s community and the mobility needs of individuals and groups
• Strong ability to work independently, use your own initiative and be proactive.
• First class team player able to integrate into a team of diverse skill sets.
In the position of Marketing & Communications Manager you will work 37.5 hours per week and there is a salary on offer of £27,000 to £30,000 per annum, depending on skills and experience.
The closing date for all applications will be Wednesday 13th December 2017. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 10th January 2018 at our client’s offices in Sherwood, Nottingham.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV with a covering letter that sets out:
• How your skills and experience will contribute to the role and benefit the development of the business
• An example of something you have achieved in the communications/marketing sector – with your aim, approach and the difference you made as a result.
• An example demonstrating your ability to work independently and take total ownership from start to finish for a project, campaign or strategy.
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
sustainable transport, community transport, marketing, communications, PR, media, publicity, promotions, stakeholder engagement, stakeholder relations, sales, third sector