Job Title: Communications Manager - Strategy and Website
Salary: £34,984 per annum
Job Type: Full or Part time, fixed term for a minimum of one year
Hours of work: Normal minimum hours of attendance for the post are 24 to 36 hours per week over 3 to 5 days (Mo-Fri). Flexi time is available.
Closing date: 09:00 on 25th September 2017
Interview date: Week commencing 19th October 2017
The company is an impartial scientific authority on UK and international nature conservation. As a public body we advise governments, and work in partnership with business and society. Their people are dedicated to providing high quality evidence and advice on the natural environment, for the benefit of current and future generations. The organisation has around 150 science and technical staff across a wide range of disciplines and a corporate services team.
As a shared centre of expertise the company's works with a wide array of organisations. The new corporate strategy seeks to raise the company's profile, improve how the organisation engages with existing partners and build new partnerships. This new post will play a key role in delivering these aims by developing a new communications strategy and managing re-development of their website to align with the new strategy.
The post will be part of a small communications team, work closely with technical (website) and senior staff from across the organisation and report to a Director.
- Work with senior staff across the organisation to define communications objectives, priorities and key messages.
- Develop and manage contracts to deliver changes to our corporate website and manage engagement with the Communications and Corporate Affairs team, technical colleagues and staff from across the organisation.
- Provide the lead in ensuring website design and content reflects the communications strategy and generate, edit and write high level content.
- Develop proposals for other activities and methods to deliver communications priorities.
- Develop proposals for training and development to ensure that staff have the necessary expertise to contribute effectively to communications plans and ensure approaches and styles are appropriate and consistent.
- Establish methods of measuring success.
- Produce corporate communications outputs.
- Experience in creating and delivering communications strategies and plans, able to identify communications priorities and translate this into high quality, strategic communications.
- Ability to engage stakeholders and promote alignment with strategic communications objectives.
- Experience and understanding of the tasks involved in delivering a complex website working with technical staff and content owners.
- Relevant professional qualification.
- Invite challenge and, where appropriate, involve others in decision making to help build engagement and present robust recommendations.
- Excellent writing skills with proven ability to produce simple and compelling messages about complex strategic, scientific and technical issues including creating and editing website content.
- Communicate in a straightforward, honest and engaging manner with all stakeholders and stand ground when needed.
- Demonstrate the professional competence and gravitas needed to gain buy in from senior management.
- Ability to specify and manage contracts to achieve desired outcomes cost-effectively.
- Project management experience.
- Show a positive approach in keeping their own and the team's efforts focused on the goals that really matter.
The requirements for the role are:
- Experience in creating and delivering communications strategies and plans.
- Able to engage stakeholders and promote alignment with strategic communications objectives.
- Experience and understanding of the tasks involved in delivering a complex website.
- Excellent writing skills with proven ability to produce simple and compelling messages about complex strategic, scientific and technical issues.
- The professional competence and gravitas needed to gain buy in from senior management.
If you are interested in this role please click the APPLY button for the full job description and application pack. The link to apply, and a full job description, will also be sent to your email.
Applicants are invited to submit a brief portfolio of their work with their application form.
If you do not receive the email within 30 minutes please check your junk / spam folders.
Candidates with experience of; PR Coordinator, PR Executive, Public Relations Coordinator, Public Relations Executive, PR Supervisor, Communications Director, Public Relations, Head of PR, PR, Marketing, Head of Communications, Public Relations Manager, Comms Manager, Marketing Communications Manager, Marketing Communications, Communications Manager, Press Manager, PR Consultant, PR Director will also be considered for this role.