4 months ago
Are you comfortable in using data to develop and launch innovative marketing campaigns that increase customer loyalty online? Do you have a desire to contribute to the marketing strategy for a fast growing business with significant impact on millions of customers and the bottom line?
Amazon Payment Products manages all Amazon and partner-branded payment services such as co-branded credit cards, private label cards, installment loans and reward redemption programs. We are continuously adding new market-leading features and launching new products. Amazon is looking for an experienced marketing manager to support innovative marketing initiatives to engage customers and help grow our customer base in Europe.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing the product marketing strategy, using customer data and analytics to identify key trends and segments, creating and running targeted marketing campaigns and tests, managing ongoing marketing activity to help improve conversion, monitoring channel metrics, recommending actions to increase traffic and awareness and leading usability studies to enhance the customer experience. You will partner with key internal teams (e.g. Retail, Prime, Kindle) external partners (e.g. our bank partners). A key part of the role involves regular communication with management on marketing program status, risks, metrics and recommending actions to achieve tactical and strategic goals.
This role requires excellent problem-solving, management and communication skills. The successful candidate will find practical and simple solutions to complicated problems without sacrificing quality. He or she will have the ability to analyze customer, channel and financial data to understand what is going on, and develop feasible marketing plans to improve the situation. He or she will be hands-on, execution oriented and able to prioritise, meet deadlines, manage expectations and address dependencies. He or she listens carefully, articulates clear evidence-based arguments verbally and in writing, and engages key partners in a constructive dialogue to clarify and progress marketing goals. The marketing manager will be entrepreneurial, self-directed, and able to help product managers translate business objectives into rapidly and flawlessly executed, leading online marketing.
This role will be based in Amazon’s offices in London (United Kingdom).
· Proven experience in online marketing or web publishing
· Bachelor degree
· XML, Excel and ideally SQL
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Fluent in English
· Background in loyalty marketing or using ‘big data’ to drive marketing decisions
· Strong analytical skills, and knows how to apply judgement to quantitative as well as qualitative evidence when making decisions
· Experience managing large amounts of data
· Understanding and use of web metrics and how to measure results
· Strong project management skills
· Experience executing online campaigns (including working with XML and HTML tools)
· Basic Photoshop and web design skills, ability to optimize graphics for the web, and ability to learn our in-house tools quickly
· Experience in e-commerce or financial products such as credit cards is a plus
· Marketing relationship management experience would be helpful
· Proficiency in other European languages is a bonus (especially Spanish or Italian)