Marketing Manager - Display
Purpose of the Role
The Display Marketing Manager will define and communicate company value proposition to a business audience in the UK marketplace. Working closely with Product Management to understand the current and future roadmap, the Display Marketing Manager will craft a compelling story that shapes who the product / service is for and why they would buy it from the client. The role is expected to define and shape the proposition and implement marketing programs that support the communication of the proposition to each audience.
• Value proposition - the Display Marketing Manager will craft a compelling and simple value proposition that fundamentally address what we should communicate to the target audience and detail the reasons as to why they should buy the product from my client.
• Market requirements - the role will work closely with Product Management to ensure the needs of specific audiences are included in the roadmap for future company products and services. Using a marketing model to qualify and quantify the business opportunity.
• Product messaging document - the Display Marketing Manager will own the messaging document that illustrates the value proposition in a simplified and compelling fashion to all stakeholders required to communicate to customers.
• Channel - The Display Marketing Manager will work with Display resellers and partners to develop quarterly marketing plans and initiatives
• Sales enablement - working closely with sales the Display Marketing Manager will deliver a set of high quality and innovative sales tools that help the company B2B sales team communicate the proposition to the customer. The role will support the delivery of sales training materials to the UK B2B sales teams ensuring that value propositions are rolled out consistently and effectively to the team.
• Marketing programs -Working with the Campaigns and Channel teams the Display Marketing Manager will define and implement marketing programs that deliver the proposition to each audience. The programs could be across the marketing communications mix ranging from PR, Influencer, Digital, Social or Channel / Event programs.
• Budget - the Display Marketing Manager will manage the bottoms up marketing request on a quarterly basis, collect and prioritise requirements for marketing programs and quantify each program in line with the value based analysis framework of the marketing team.
• Customer understanding -The Display Marketing Manager will have a deep understanding of the audiences within the enterprise, small and medium business - ranging from the new buyer and to Information Technology Decision Makers and Business Owners / Lines of Business.
• Simple & compelling communications - the Display Marketing Manager will build key messages and product and solutions value propositions for the company Display Portfolio. Mapping key messages for each product and service to each of the enterprise audiences and stakeholders that make up the enterprise buying and support ecosystem. Key skill of the IM Marketer will be to take complex technical information and make them simple and compelling to each audience.
• Creative disruption - the role will work with the Campaigns team to create and execute effective marketing programs that help the UK Enterprise Business Marketing team build and deliver marketing communication campaigns. The marketer will operate across the marketing mix and use innovative and creative marketing communications tactics to take the message to market. The role will constantly challenge the status quo and utilise innovative tactics to design effective marketing programs.
• The role is expected to join and support the sales process and understand that sales teams are the key customer. The role delights in the delivery of effective marketing programs and has a passion for delivery of campaign that increase sales results.
To be successful in this role you should have:
• Degree or similar qualification in a marketing or business related discipline
• Five to seven years' experience working in high performing marketing teams within the Display, enterprise software or technology sector
• An understanding of mobile would be preferred
• Experience of working reseller partners
• Detailed experience delivering marketing programs in the enterprise Display industry working at a local level and effectively communicating value propositions with local stakeholders
• A proven track record of building compelling marketing programs that deliver growth to a complex set of enterprise stakeholders
• Solid experience of budget and project management
• Presented frequently to executives to gain widespread support for marketing programs and initiatives to seek investment that delivers growth
• Ability to handle multiple internal and external stakeholders in order to successfully deliver on key projects
• Ability to translate product features to user benefits on technical products
• Ability to multi-task and project manage large projects with short time-scales
• Strong team working skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• A can do attitude