£60K-£65K + Car + Benefits Package
East Midlands (Flexible working options – 3 days office)
Exciting opportunity for entrepreneurial, brand passionate FMCG marketer looking to broaden their experience with this challenging role managing a portfolio of premium brands in the very lively and busy home baking category. In this key role, supported by a team of 3, you will be joining the business at an exciting time - leading our brands and the home baking category through a period of evolution and rapid development. We’re looking for someone who can drive consumption of the brands with an inspiring communications strategy and insight-led innovation initiative to take the category forward.
Easily commutable from the northern Home Counties or Midlands and possibly Central London too, this is a senior role which requires strong brand building skills, commercial savvy and ideally a real interest in food too. We are looking for someone who is entrepreneurial in their approach and with the proven aability to initiate and drive change within a business. Our client is a substantial player in the UK grocery market with a number of well-known brands found in the cupboards of millions of UK households.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Confidently leading the team in developing our brand positioning and its ongoing assessment based on market trends and competitor strategies.
- Leading the overall communication strategy and evaluating the strategic role of channels to create stronger connections between consumers and the brand.
- Leading the NPD strategy and coaching others to spot insights and develop new product/brand propositions.
- Leading the incorporation of customer and shopper strategies into the brand strategy working closely with Sales / Category Management.
- Leading and working with cross functional teams to monitor, analyse and react to market and competitor pricing using learnings from modelling and promotional effectiveness.
- Accountability for the brand P&L, working with other functions to deliver profitability improvements.
Our ideal candidate
This is a role for a smart, well-trained consumer marketer who enjoys a challenge. Not a role for someone looking for huge budgets and structure, this is a lovely opportunity to combine entrepreneurial flair, brand ownership and ideally a personal interest in the category. Almost certainly with a robust track record of achievement gained in an FMCG business, you will have the ability to cut through the detail and data to identify relevant issues/insights, translating these into strategies and plans to deliver maximum return for the business. In what is a collaborative, supportive but can-do working environment, you will enjoy coaching and developing your team, ensuring their growth within the business and wider group.
The Tarsh Partnership committed to finding the right roles for talented candidates. We are a leading name in marketing recruitment with extensive marketing and recruitment experience working with brand management, communications, category management, customer marketing, brand consulting and insight/research specialists across a wide range of industry sectors. If you would like to discuss this role, please e-mail or call Adam Tarsh now.
If you don’t feel this role is quite right for you, but think you know someone who might be suitable, do please pass this advert on. We do offer a recommend-a-friend scheme and you could receive £200 in John Lewis vouchers should you recommended someone who is offered and accepts the role.