Job Title: Marketing Officer
Location: Battersea, London
Salary: £27,000 salary, plus excellent benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (37.5 hours including breaks)
Closing date: 9am, Monday 26th June 2017
Our client is the largest children's reading charity in the UK. They work to inspire a love of reading in children because they know that reading can transform lives.
The company is looking for a Marketing Officer to support the Marketing Manager to raise the profile of the company and its reading programmes by delivering effective marketing plans that drive sign ups. The Marketing Officer will also support with the production of standout marketing collateral that adheres to brand guidelines for a range of events, programmes and campaigns.
- Supporting operational colleagues with planning for events, ensuring that staff are using correctly branded materials.
- Working with the head of marketing in the creation of new marketing materials.
- Managing the design and print production for a range of marketing materials supporting the entire Group.
- Copywriting and editing for a range of audiences using the brand guidelines for content, tone and positioning.
- Liaising with operational colleagues to produce case studies and stories that celebrate people's achievements, promote the Support that the Group provides and demonstrates that people should be: heard, valued, in control, independent, respected and included.
- Manage and maintain the national and regional listings.
- Build and manage the company's social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Work alongside other members of the marketing team and other colleagues to help distribute content that educates our audience and celebrates the achievements of the people they support.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach their target stakeholders and share your findings with the marketing team.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Experience of working as a marketing officer or similar level in an organisation.
- Experience of working within a charitable sector or similar service industry.
- Excellent copywriting skills and proven experience of writing for a range of audiences.
- The ability to plan the design and production of a range of marketing materials.
- Disciplined and proactive with the ability to multi-task across several projects working within defined deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including proof reading.
- An understanding of the importance of using plain English and creating a range of accessible communications.
- A high level of IT literacy which involves Microsoft office, Adobe Creative Suite and Social Media tools and platforms.
To succeed in this role you will have significant and demonstrable experience of delivering and evaluating marketing campaigns that utilise the marketing mix. You will be a proactive and flexible individual with outstanding relationships management skills, as well as an excellent copywriter and proof reader who is highly analytical.
To apply for this role please select the APPLY button and more information will be sent to your email.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION THAT IS SENT TO YOUR EMAIL.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Marketing Officer, Marketing Executive, Marketing Administrator, Marketing Analyst, Marketing Specialist, Marketing Co-ordinator, Marketing Retention, Business Support, Marketing Associate, Social Media Executive, Marketing & Communications Officer, PR Officer, Public Relations Officer, Social Media Analyst, Social Media Specialist, PR Specialist, Marketing Advisor, Marketing Strategist will also be considered for this role.