about 1 year ago
To support their growth as a global health technology company, this company are looking for a copywriter ideally with some experience of the medical sector or NHS to join their Marketing Team to support delivery of their Marketing Content strategy.
You will bring an excellent mix of editorial, web content strategy, digital media and content and copy ethics to deliver compelling communications to audiences spanning NHS clinicians, commissioning groups and patients.
With previous experience in a similar role, you will be skilled at translating clinical instructions into simple, engaging content and product promotion, and will be expected to work across various teams in the business. You will have a sound knowledge of technical writing disciplines along with design fundamentals to produce content for digital and printed media and product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with project teams and interpret their briefs to produce clinically, stylistically and grammatically persuasive communications to support project deliverables
- Develop creative ideas and concepts, often in partnership with the Marketing/ Project Manager
- Translate technical clinical instructions into effective product or marketing content
- Present a cohesive understanding and rationale for the different language styles that appeal to various target markets
- Familiarise with products and services, the target audience and competitors' activities
- Write clear, persuasive, original copy
- Feed digital media and website content
- Proofread copy to check spelling and grammar
- Amend, revise or redevelop adverts or campaigns in response to feedback from the Customer, Marketing Manager or Project Team
- Liaise with internal production team / external companies, typographers, designers and printers
- Keep up to date with clinical guidelines, healthcare culture and patient trends
- Monitor the effectiveness of content A:B testing in campaigns
- Actively engage in continuous development of your skills.
- They are looking for someone who is highly creative, imaginative and curious about what drives customers (clinicians and patients) to make decisions around products and services.
- They would expect a high level of skill in writing innovative, yet clear, concise and grammatically correct copy.
- You will be skilled at translating complex medical information or instructions into simple, engaging writing.
- You should work well either alone or as part of a team with a range of creative people.
- You should also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be very self-motivated and organised.
- You should be able to work under pressure and manage workloads effectively and have a great eye for design and detail.
Ideally you will have a degree in either Marketing, English or Journalism or another writing related qualification.