Job Title: Merchandiser
Location: Skelmersdale, Lancashire
Salary: Up to £35,000 dependent on experience
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
The company was set up in 1959; they've been designing and making footwear now for 50 years! They diversified from their roots - slipper production - in the early 1990s, when they had their 'eureka moment' - identifying a niche in the market for stylish shoes with comfort built in.
Since then product innovation, world class production facilities, and continual reinvestment in their business has seen their shoe collections expand beyond all recognition and their circle of friends grow by hundreds of thousands each year.
A full time vacancy has arisen for a Merchandiser to join the company's Merchandising department. You will manage a range of products over selling channels to deliver sales and margin targets whilst delivering end of season target stock levels through accurate planning, forecasting, buying plans, and in-season trading through all channels.
- Perform pre-season analysis assessing KPIs such as sales, margin, stock and returns from both a top line and detailed product view in order to carry out range planning in conjunction with the Merchandising Manager. Continue this work to assist with budgeting suggestions and promo planning.
- Provide input into Range Selection processes before carrying out detailed forecasting, stock phasing/range transition and buying.
- Run WSSIs covering all range categories, inputting all budgeted figures and maintain throughout the season. Run through WSSIs with Merchandising Manger each month and suggest potential budget amends to drive sales and margin.
- Manage in-season OTB in conjunction with Merchandising Manager. Take responsibility for all buying and provide plans for sign-off. Using the WSSI align stock intake with sales.
- Carry out Lessons Learned analysis each season ahead of future season being planned and put together. Ensure learnings are reflected in future product range and Merchandising strategies.
- Input into department Critical Path and assist with maintenance. Flag potential issues and any slippage to plan.
- Plan each season's stock intake and plan store initial stock pushes, keeping stock levels under control - maximise sales whilst limiting stock risks to deliver end of season stock targets.
- Input into store grading both ahead of a new season and during a season. Work with the Allocator to guarantee stock is in the best Retail locations.
- 'Trade' stock efficiently over selling channels/stock locations. Move stock between channels to maximise margin whilst considering any costs incurred from potential stock re-location.
- Work with the Assistant Merchandiser/Junior Merchandiser and Allocator to ensure Retail stores have a balance of stock throughout the season and limit end of season residual stocks.
- Develop and implement trading initiatives to push sales and margin over product categories managed to push both sales and margin as well as tackle any over-stock issues.
- Produce a weekly Trading Pack giving insight and commentary on categories managed and product performance within. Tie up with selling channels to develop trading initiatives.
- Manage an Assistant Merchandiser/Junior Merchandiser. Work towards developing their skills and potential. Manage keys tasks with them ensuring delivery to planned time scales for each department duty.
- In conjunction with selling channels develop brochure selections, email themes/selections and store windows/layout. Manage these throughout the season and adapt as required to enhance performance or tackle issues.
- Work with the Merchandising Analyst to build a suite of key reports for use within the department to aid understanding of performance and flag potential areas to exploit or issues to address.
- Previous experience required within the fashion industry
- Organised and pro-active
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organised, efficient and can work to tight deadlines, within a fast paced environment.
- Work well within a team and as an individual
- Demonstrate a professional attitude when dealing with customers
- Experience of following and understanding the critical path
- IT literate - knowledge of Excel, Word and e-mail applications is required
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Retail Merchandiser, Menswear, Knitwear, Jersey, Merchandiser, Stockist, Sales Merchandiser, Fashion Purchasing, Ecommerce Manager, Stock Controller, Senior Merchandiser, Procurement, Purchasing, E-commerce Merchandiser, Fashion Merchandiser, Supply Chain Coordinator, Buyer, Procurement Assistant, Purchase Ledger will also be considered for this role.