4 days ago
Mortgage Financial Analyst - Milton Keynes
Mortgage Financial Analyst - Milton Keynes
South East England
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mortgage Financial Analyst to join our team based in Milton Keynes. In this role you will produce information presented to senior forums including Executive Committee meetings and Santander UK Board income; forecasting and target setting; regular reporting and budgeting
The Strategy and Planning team reports on and analyses business and financial performance for Mortgages. This includes developing business plans, and delivering high quality financial reports and analysis to senior management. This role gives an excellent opportunity to understand the Mortgage business and provides a broad perspective by covering all aspects of performance.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Mortgage Financial Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Assisting in the production and development of weekly/monthly performance pack to monitor all aspects of business and financial performance.
* Supporting in providing key insight and analysis of the mortgage product performance. Ensure outputs are consistently accurate and timely, and meet customer and regulatory requirements.
* To build and maintain excellent working relationships with other Santander divisions to keep informed of latest developments particularly regarding data sources and reporting.
* Recommending and assisting in process improvement across the department.
* Building and maintaining a good understanding of all relevant products, policies and procedures within Mortgages.
* Supporting and input through provision of bespoke data analysis, for small discrete projects or parts of projects.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Must have strong analytical and numerate skills; ideally a graduate of a numerate degree (or equivalent).
* An inquisitive mind to explore new options and ideas; coupled with the self-motivated and ability to work independently and take the initiative around producing high quality deliverables within tight deadlines
* Excellent PowerPoint & Excel skills, previous model building experience will be advantageous.
* Strong communication skills with the ability to influence stakeholders.
* Commercial knowledge of a financial organisation, with mortgage knowledge and experience.
Salary – Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, stakeholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.