9 months ago
Job Title: NPD Controller
Package: Up to £70,000 basic salary +30% bonus + car allowance + benefits
Who are we?
It’s an exciting time to join. Our Group of food businesses has enjoyed rapid growth, creating even more opportunities for people to join and develop their careers with us. It’s our ambition to grow further, but of course our continued success will depend entirely on the talented people who work with us. If you’re keen to work hard and responsibly on furthering your career, and work well in a team alongside similarly talented colleagues, you’ll fit right in.
Instantly recognisable food business with heritage and passion. It manufactures a range of outstanding, well-known and respected products. You need to be a “real foodie”, with Top 6 retail customer experience.
• To manage the NPD and EPD process from concept through to launch - team of 4 directs. Lead ‘countdown’ meetings ahead of all launches to ensure all areas of the business are aware of their responsibilities in delivering a successful launch
• To meet and deliver customer expectations in relation to product innovation, successful launches and responsive service
• To ensure all product development communication with customers and internal management team are effective, timely and reduce risk of misunderstanding
• To control department expenditure within budget
• To provide when necessary the commercial rationale to justify capital investment.
• Evaluate and trial new recipes / product formulations from initial bench work through to factory trials and acceptance into the factory as a standard recipe
• Work closely with the Commercial team to develop new products through benchmarking / category management in order to fill the gaps in the market
• To work closely with suppliers to ensure a consistently high product quality and address any supplier shortcoming in consultation with Purchasing
• Number of years industry experience
• Experience of working with the major retailers; in particular experience with M&S
• Degree in Food Science or relevant
• Commercially aware / Hands on approach
• Leadership Experience
• Awareness of regulatory and QA requirements
• Excellent Communication skills, verbal and numerical skills, and IT Literacy
• Strong relationship builder
• Project management skills
To apply for this role please submit your cv in WORD format quoting the reference 2770/1gj
Refer a Friend Scheme:
If you know anyone who is currently looking for a new role in sales, marketing or category management, or who may be appropriate for any of the roles which are advertised here, please do let us have their contact details (with their permission!).
Please see our website for full details
23 days ago
only 5 days until close
22 days ago
only 6 days until close
20 days ago
only 8 days until close
only 27 days until close