4 months ago
Manage an online-first content strategy that integrates frictionlessly with print and social
Lead new revenue opportunities including retail and content syndication
Be an analytics and SEO expert and use insights to help guide strategy
Work with international Stuff territories to ensure that content is planned and shared effectively
Be a brand ambassador both internally and externally, ensuring that Stuff is a priority within Haymarket as well as with PRs and mainstream news outlets
As Stuff’s online editor, you’re the leading force behind the most exciting gadget website in the UK. You will set the tone, determine the content and ensure the growth of the site to meet our commercial objectives, while surprising and delighting our audience with content our rivals can’t match.
You will be responsible for leading the day-to-day output on Stuff’s online channels. You’ll be in charge of a team and a budget that ensures we have the best mix of news, features and reviews, as well as being Stuff’s analytics expert and chief liaison with Haymarket’s data team.
You will be expected to ensure our editorial efforts are delivering results across our key metrics, which include visitors to the website, retail revenue, and content syndication. You will work out how to continue to drive audience engagement and increase Stuff’s page impressions, focusing on content that is not only market-leading, but works across multiple channels.
* Devise new ways of driving traffic around the site, using existing technology or suggesting platform changes
* Use audience and commercial insights to inform development of the Stuff platform, and of the content we create
* Engineer methods through which to gain audience and commercial insights: editorial questionnaires, analytics, market research, etc.
* Monitor rivals and adjust strategy as necessary
* Use search volume to determine which content and products to cover
* Work with Global Brand Director, Print Editor, Retail Manager, Senior Consulting Editor for content syndication and Social Editor to ensure the content we create works across multiple platforms, where possible
* Grow Stuff’s online traffic in line with strategic expectations
* Develop the SEO performance of our existing content by working with Haymarket’s search experts
Staff and resourcing
* Manage the performance and development of your team
* Work with print and art editors to ensure a fair split between the contribs budget
* Work with Haymarket’s search experts to maximise search visibility
Day to day
* Support the Global Brand Director in the running of all key aspects of the brand
* Work with commercial team to ensure we're delivering when and where it's needed
* Work with the retail manager to make sure content works for retail, and that the content they’re producing works for editorial
* Attend product launches and demonstrations, and press events around the world
* Monitor site content to ensure it’s all written to maximise search volume while maintaining Stuff tone. Police headlines: make sure they’re fun, enticing, shareable, enticing, and SEO’d
* Sub-editing and producing online content where needed
* Synchronise Top 10s between magazine and site, with the help of the section editors
* Commission content as necessary
* Manage the online content schedule
* Demand the highest standards of editorial in all content that falls under your remit
Apply for this job