over 6 years ago
Are you an experienced online marketer who has worked on websites for the mass consumer market?
Have you been responsible for the day-to-day management for a website, taking ownership of everything from search marketing, site optimisation, content, functionality, affiliates and e-commerce aspects too?
Are you available to start at short notice for a 6 month contract position?
This could be a great opportunity for you.
We are recruiting on behalf of an innovative start-up who are looking to appoint an Online Marketing Manager to their London offices for a 6 month engagement.
The company is at a critical stage of their development. The website and online aspects of the business need further optimisation and enhancement and this is where you come in.
They're competing in a mass consumer market, operating a subscriptions business model. Over recent months they've more than doubled their customer base and are on track to exceeding their customer acquisition targets ahead of schedule.
Where this role comes in is around adding weight to their online presence. As part of their site they have an online quote engine in development with an external agency, however this requires further optimisation to drive conversion and enhance user experience.
Equally you will be required to deal with day-to-day tweaks on the site including multivariate testing, undertaking site analysis using Google Analytics, content modification and updating, etc. As well as developing microsites and quote engines for their external partners to use.
You will be leading their search marketing strategy, paid and organic, ensuring the site is optimised and delivering appropriate traffic. Also spending time looking into new technologies which can enhance online user experience and functionality of the site too.
Role: Online Marketing Manager
Location: West London
Salary: £40,000 to £50,000 pro-rata
Term: Initially for a 6 month period
- Must have a solid background in online marketing for a mass consumer brand
- Good broad online marketing skills and experience, covering search, affiliates, content, web analysis, site optimisation, etc.
- Some experience in e-commerce and managing an e-commerce portal
- Previous experience in delivering a programme of improvement to an existing website
- Able to demonstrate experience in owning an online platform and driving improvements to a website
- Good knowledge of CMS systems like Wordpress
- Strong appreciation of good web design and functionality
- Great project management and organisational skills
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK
For further information please contact:
Principal Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing