Are you an experienced PPC Executive or Paid Search Manager looking for a new challenge?
Do you want to work for a rapidly growing Independent agency?
Are you a Paid Search expert?
Do you want to become a broad Digital Marketing professional?
Then this could be an exceptional opportunity for you!
We're working on behalf of a leading independent Digital Marketing agency based in East London, looking for an Operations Manager - PPC to join their team.
This agency prides it's self on being different from its competitors and doesn't believe agencies should silo employees into disciplines such as PPC, SEO, Display or Paid Social so they focus on cross-training and making sure you become an expert in multiple channels so candidates become well rounded digital marketing professionals who can talk at an expert level with their clients.
The agency has evolved massively over the last couple of years and has grown rapidly by working with clients to understand their needs and covering multiple digital channels for their clients.
Their client list ranges from professional sports teams, retail, beauty and fashion and everything in-between. Unlike most agencies they don't assign their teams to a single account, they believe this limits best practice and often stops individuals sharing learnings from account to account. They tend to work on a suite of clients covering multiple accounts and regularly arrange inter-team meet-up to share knowledge and successes.
They are looking to expand their teams significantly in the coming year having moved into a custom-made office in the East India docks they are already looking at taking over the entire 8th floor! They are looking at expanding teams across PPC, Paid Social, SEO & Display.
The PPC Manager is responsible for maximizing the performance of each client's search campaigns through monitoring and optimizing campaigns and helping to alleviate other team member workload.
As an Operations Manager, you need to function well as part of the team but also have the ability to work independently whilst communicating effectively and being open to guidance and advice from more experienced colleagues.
The role is responsible for:
- Being the PPC expert for the team
- Monitoring and optimizing Performance to both brand and DR KPI's such as sales and ROI.
- Can set up and deliver a brand new paid search account from brief to launch.
- Capable of managing multiple clients to different KPI's and providing relevant insights based on these
- Show core capability for management, supervising and motivating junior team members, delegate fairly, balancing management and participation in account activities.
- Troubleshooting tracking and set-up issues within all buying platforms and ad server. Responsible for leading the operations executives' day to day management and optimisation of these campaigns for a range of clients.
- Coach Execs and help to develop their skills and understanding of digital campaign management, assisting with optimisation
- You will also be required to make decisions on the best strategies to put in place in order to achieve these goals.
- Running external (3rd party) supplier campaigns and making optimisation suggestions.
- Reporting back to the Account Manager's and Director on performance of campaigns and keeping them abreast of changes and optimisations made on those campaigns. Generate and analyse advanced daily/weekly/monthly reports and highlight insights
- Learning best practices and the correct actions to take in any given situation.
- Defining requirements, tracking implementation and ad server integration with bid management tools.
- Involved into CPC/CPA/ROI optimisation, A/B testing etc.
- Plan and forecast performance according to the trends and seasonality
- Budget management
- Knowledge of and working experience with a DSP and 3rd party ad servers.
- Able to transition between channels and communicate the relative differences
Headquartered in the East India Docks they are easily commutable from all mainline London stations.
Title: Operations Manager - PPC
Salary: £30k - £40k dependent on experience
The ideal candidate will be a high-energy, ambitious digital marketing professional looking for the next step. Driven, resourceful and articulate - they will be someone who has an ability to make things happen.
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Organised and efficient; able to prioritise and complete all tasks
- Tact, diplomacy, maturity in relating and interacting with people at all levels
- A good grasp of excel
- Strong Analytical skills and ability to analyses large data sets into meaningful action
- Ability to learn new technology platforms and feel comfortable using these to implement campaigns
- Ability to drive performance while ensuring that all aspects can be reported on
- Troubleshoot and resolve all internal and external issues associated with ad campaigns
- Working across all search platforms
- Provide billing data for the accounting department
- Finding/suggesting faster ways of doing things
- Some level of client communication
- Suggesting new campaign strategies
- Cross - channel attribution analysis
- Commercially aware, understanding how fee translates into resourcing and campaign results
- Several years minimum managing and optimising PPC campaigns working towards clients goals on a DR & Brand basis.
- Previous exposure to the use of third party tracking to execute monitor and optimise campaigns towards these goals
- Experience of setting up and maintaining client reports in excel
- Understanding of latest trends & technology
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Experience using analytical tools such as Google Analytics
- Ad-ops experience a must
- Experience running other campaigns on other channels - e.g. Social, Display and if not be keen to learn these
- Some client exposure would be great.
** Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the EU**
Senior Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing