Job Title: PR & Marketing Assistant
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 Dependent on Experience
Hours: Full-time, Permanent
The company has been running small group adventure holidays since 1981. They are passionate about what they do and love to travel. Their experience and knowledge make they one of the most trusted tour operators in the UK. They have over 500 small group trips in 120 countries (including Family Adventures, Cycling & Walking), plus tailor-made and self-guided programmes; so a product range that is second to none in the industry.
Their wide range of activities and experiences, award-winning Tour Leaders, a commitment to responsible travel and a pinch of company spirit, keep their customers coming back year after year.
They have been a part of a larger group of specialist travel companies since December 2015. They operate as a totally standalone business, but also work closely with their sister companies wherever possible.
They currently have an exciting role for a full time PR & Marketing Assistant working within their Marketing Team. The role will be working closely with the PR & Partnerships Manager to drive and achieve the company's PR & Partnership objectives, in accordance with business priorities and to support the wider Marketing team in all areas as required to achieve team objectives.
- Working with the PR & Partnerships Manager, to be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of all PR activity for the company.
- To respond to all incoming media enquiries in a timely and informative manner.
- To prepare regular newsworthy press releases and 'snippets' - researching facts and information from around the company, checking product availability, prices, dates and points of interest.
- To build strong relationships with key journalists to ensure opportunities for media coverage are maximised.
- To report on the company's PR and Partnerships activity to the business, continually seeking the most efficient ways to measure and improve on effectiveness.
- To develop and maintain the online press centre and keep it updated on a regular basis, ensuring all releases are posted, news items relevant, images fresh etc.
- To work with the PR & Partnerships Manager to manage the company's press trip programme, ensuring that effective and sizeable features appear in key target media, in accordance with business priorities.
- To provide support for the PR Manager in organising and hosting media events.
- To be a member of a motivated team and take an active role in engendering a positive, energetic and customer-focused working environment.
- Support with writing and producing content for use across all marketing channels as required, including blog posts, direct marketing and landing pages.
- Support the brochure production process, briefing amends, coordinating between teams and sourcing images where required.
Skills and Experience - Essential:
- A strong team player, with a willingness to get 'stuck in' and support across a wide variety of tasks.
- Excellent understanding of the media landscape.
- Creative thinker, with the ability to think outside the box and develop innovative solutions to problems.
- Organised approach to work, with good prioritisation skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines, and remain calm under pressure.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Confident and competent in establishing & developing relationships with journalists and media partners.
- Excellent copy-writing skills. Ability to produce engaging & channel relevant copy.
- Excellent attention to detail with a strong desire for accuracy and quality. Proven skills in proof-reading and copy editing.
Skills and Experience - Desirable:
- Competent using website content management systems
- Previous experience in a similar Marketing or PR role
- Travel industry experience and/or strong interest in travel
- Marketing, PR or Media communications qualification or degree desirable.
One thing the company prides themselves on is looking after their staff. Not only do they offer a competitive salary, they also offer an extensive range of benefits that include, Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme, Profit Related Annual Bonus, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance, Onsite or Paid Local Parking, Health Cash Plan, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), Staff Discount on holidays, Season Ticket Loans, Childcare Vouchers Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Onsite Massage Therapist, Employee Reward, and a Perks Scheme - to name a few!
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; PR Coordinator, PR Executive, Public Relations Coordinator, Public Relations Executive, PR Supervisor, Public Relations, Head of PR, PR, Marketing, Head of Communications, Public Relations Manager, Marketing Executive, Marketing Communications, Communications Manager, Press Manager, PR Consultant, PR Executive will be considered for this role.