about 1 year ago
Oak Furniture Land is the largest hardwood furniture retailer in the UK, and we’re growing – fast. So fast, we’re in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 list for the fifth year running, and our Fast Track outstanding achievement award this year has put the icing on the cake.
So we need brilliant people who inspire and deliver to help us drive this success and growth. That's why we're always looking for talented, ambitious people to come and join our team.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced PR content professional with a passion for writing to join our busy press office.
The role – PR Content Executive
Reporting to the PR Manager and supporting the press office in all its activities, the PR Content Executive will have a particular focus on producing and curating content for a variety of projects and campaigns, helping to build the company’s reputation.
• Provide support across all PR activities.
• Research, develop and write a range of content, including (but not limited to) editorial, thought leadership features, press office materials and online content.
• Take responsibility for the content plan, and the producing and curating of content, including copy, images, video, infographics, in line with wider business objectives.
• Work with the online team to help monitor and measure campaign performance against objectives and compile reports in order to demonstrate effectiveness.
• Develop strong relationships with the media and an in-depth knowledge of key publications.
• Respond quickly and effectively to day-to-day media opportunities and enquiries.
Attributes for the role
• Experience of working in a press office and/or a publishing environment
• Excellent and versatile writing skills
• Broad and deep understanding of social media platforms, channels and content opportunities
• A good knowledge of the principles of SEO
• Strong organisational and planning skills
• The ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads in a deadline driven environment
• High levels of attention to detail and accuracy, even when under pressure
• Able to build strong working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
• Familiar with MS Office programs, especially Word, PowerPoint & Excel
• An interest in home interiors would be an advantage.