Job Title: Pricing Analyst
Location: Stratford upon Avon
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Work hours: Monday - Thursday 8.30-5.30, Friday 8.30-4.30 with 1 hour lunch
The Company has been in distribution and wholesaling for over 80 years with a product portfolio that now spans the Automotive, Travel & Leisure, Maintenance & Accessories and Retail sectors. Employing over 1,000 people, they operate across the UK through a network of 23 sites.
Purpose of Job:
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented individual looking for a Pricing Analyst role. This opportunity will suit an established pricing analyst or a candidate with a natural desire to succeed, striving to take the next step in their career.
You will be responsible for providing accurate pricing analysis. This analysis will enable commercial decisions to be made based upon clear presentation of data.
Key responsibilities and duties - daily tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Benchmarking - Gathering competitor data to analyse current and future market positions.
- Produce clear cost price comparisons at various pricing levels.
- Margin analysis on existing product ranges.
- Reporting the impact of supplier price updates to the company and the market, gaining approval from category managers and directors.
- Investigating low margin sales and ensuring they are corrected if necessary.
- Perform a variety of analysis from high level reporting to detailed analysis of multiple large data sets
- Use your Microsoft Excel skills to create detailed spreadsheets for ad-hoc tasks whilst developing them further with the help of other colleagues within the business.
- Effectively and competitively price new to range parts ranges to ensure correct market price positioning.
- Take ownership of pricing related projects within your selected categories.
- Using your problem solving skills to investigate price/margin anomalies and deliver solutions to these problems.
- Working as part of a team, alongside another pricing analyst and one pricing administrator.
Deliverables & KPI's:
- Assist Pricing manager in delivering all projects within the business plan.
- Delivering complex pricing projects within set, sometimes tight, deadlines.
- Effectively prioritising workload.
- Providing accurate and concise data in an appropriate and clear format.
- Senior Management Team.
- Product Management Team.
- Regional Field Sales Teams.
- Branch Managers.
- This role will suit someone with a commercial, analytical and mathematical mind-set and background.
- Although automotive experience is desirable, it is not essential.
- They will provide the successful candidate all the training and support needed in order to fulfil their potential and develop their skills further.
They offer a competitive salary, 5% matched pension contribution, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, Specsavers eye tests.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Pricing Strategy, Pricing Analyst, Sales Pricing Analyst, Pricing, Territory Sales Pricing Analyst, Pricing Co-ordinator, Commercial Pricing Executive, Pricing Consultant, Senior Pricing Analyst, Regional Pricing Analyst, Market Pricing Consultant, Margin Pricing Analyst, Price Benchmarking, Group Pricing, Pricing Consultant will also be considered for this role.