We're recruiting on a Principal Data Scientist role that's a little bit different - We're looking for someone who loves the art of the possible with data, crafting new solutions and productising them to deliver against real world problems, taking genuinely massive amounts of data and translating it into innovative solutions which have real meaning and an impact on the customer or consumer in the real world, frequently translating into new business opportunities or ideas for a variety of different types of business - and on top of this, be a real people-person too.
The business you will be working for is the data science consultancy arm for a massive blue-chip organisation. But it's not like an agency or management consultancy, since it operates more like a role on the 'client side'. Benefits therefore include:
As the Principal Data Scientist, you will be one of just 2 business leads. These are roles which hybrid between hands-on work and client consulting. You will own client relationships and responsible for overseeing projects from initial concept ideas through to delivery. Key to success is keeping a focus on 'how does this solve the customer problem?'
You will be working with other data scientists in the team to ensure the project is landed successfully. Here you will need to be effective in articulating requirements, translating them into analytics, modelling and/or machine learning activities.
So if you're interested in something a little different, exploratory and certainly cutting edge, get in touch today to find out more.
Role: Principal Data Scientist
Location: Central London
Salary: £60,000 to £70,000 basic
Benefits: ~£5k car allowance, 10-20% bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance and more…
- Client facing/consulting skills is an absolute 'must have'
- Any experience in geo-spatial analysis projects will be highly beneficial
- The ability to take and understand a client problem, and design an appropriate solution based on data analytics, machine learning or statistical methodologies
- Must have a very strong knowledge of R, Python, or another statistical programming language
- Great problem solving and commercial skills - you can clearly link the maths and stats piece to solving business challenges, and have enough commercial acumen to realise every solution doesn't have to start from scratch, and doesn't involve needing to be the best mathematician in the room
- SQL coding is simple to you
- Very strong segmentation skills
- Very high degree of competence working with large volumes of data and information from various sources
- Experience working with Big Data environments will be a significant plus, but isn't a pre-requisite
- Very high degree of numerical competency. Must have a degree in a numerical subject to at least degree level, achieving a high pass
- Real passion for maths, data analysis and identifying trends and insight from the data
- Good communication skills, you will be client facing in this role explaining analysis findings, so you've got to be comfortable with this
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK
For further information please contact: