4 months ago
Competitive + benefits
Category: Creative Jobs
Principal Java Developer
£Competitive + benefits
We’re showing the UK how technology can make the everyday better. Our people are keeping our customers happy with great service, and our network, which has been named as the best in the UK, is keeping their digital lives connected. Empowered, challenged, supported and rewarded, our people are the key to our success. And the Sunday Times agrees. They’ve voted EE one of the Best Big Companies to Work For. This is your chance to join us.
Joining us as a Principal Java Developer, you’ll provide our growing Digital Department with expert hands-on capability. Leading a team of Software Engineers, you’ll help us evolve key systems and project proposal systems – ensuring everything we do is in line with both the Technical strategic architecture model and meets the needs of EE Digital. This will mean keeping a close eye on frameworks and methodology, as well as producing and defining development evolution plans.
What you’ll do:
* Build components and solutions for one of the UK’s busiest websites
* Take responsibility for meeting and exceeding our design and delivery targets
* Mentor and train other developers in the team, reviewing all work completed and ensuring everything is delivered to a high standard
* Balance a large number of requests for development while meeting business expectations
* Liaise with a range of technical and business stakeholders to help define and communicate solutions
* Pickup, evaluate and communicate the merits of new technologies
* Be willing to train in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) development
* Have extensive experience of systems development, preferably within a business-critical role
* Know how to analyse and break down problems using structured frameworks and methodologies
* Display excellent people skills and be able to manage relationships with internal business customers
* Be able to manage changing business and technical requirements
* Take charge of your own and others learning to ensure the skills of the department are kept inline with industry standards
You may have:
* Previous AEM experience
What’s in it for you:
* Competitive Salary
* Company Car or Cash alternative
* Pension Private Healthcare
* Competitive Bonus Scheme
* Life Assurance
* 25 days’ holiday + option to buy more
* Free work mobile phone package with unlimited data
* Discounted products and services, as well as a range of other benefits
At EE, we’re creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you’re thinking about working for the UK’s biggest and fastest network, why not follow our shiny new recruitment channels on Twitter, LinkedIn and Glassdoor. Packed with the latest jobs, company news and career stories it could be a great move.