8 days ago
Process Design Engineer – London
Process Design Engineer – London
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We have an exciting opportunity for a Process Design Engineer to join our team in London.
The role holder will provide process design consultancy and supporting services to support Santander UK business objectives and strategy by improving business efficiency and profitability through the delivery of analysis, research, innovative thinking and design of business solutions.
The role holder will enable the design and delivery of business process and change management solutions that are consistent with company goals and objectives.
You will join the process design and change management function within Retail & Business T&O, working closely with business stakeholders within Santander UK Retail and Business Division. As the process design engineer you will work collaboratively with Santander UK business teams and help to deliver their objectives through process analysis, innovative thinking and design of improved or optimised future business process solutions. You will work collaboratively to develop implementation strategies and develop change management plans for successful delivery of projects.
The role holder will also play a key role in ensuring projects (change initiatives) meet objectives on time & to quality by ensuring the implementation is delivered smoothly and utilises the Santander methodology.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Process Design Engineer your main responsibilities will be
* Providing process design consultancy to programmes and business initiatives, enabling the delivery of change, working alongside senior managers, programme management, business colleagues and external advisers to identify strategic opportunities.
* Identifying, analysing and resolving problems relating to products, processes, systems or resourcing needs, through contributing expertise across the business unit to facilitate change and devise solutions
* Evaluating options, develops creative and innovative business solution recommendations within required timeframe, to inform decision making process or to provide input to resource or business planning
* Resolution of complex, business critical issues of significant risk/high impact.
* Leading delivery of projects and managing implementation of the change and operational readiness activities for releases, using appropriate project / change management methodologies and influences stakeholders to use the most effective approach
* Taking accountability for governance of the assigned changes and reporting of key updates in committees and forums that we play an active role in participating in (e.g. DA/PAC/PIM/CPQR etc).
* Collaborating and leading a team of technical and operational colleagues across the business and externally ensuring that regulatory, compliance, audit and strategic / cross-functional requirements are met.
* Leading and influencing others to achieve objectives, assuming line responsibilities for less experienced colleagues where agreed, working effectively as a member of the team to increase the capabilities of the wider team.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Proven analytical and problem analysis skills, and able to draw meaningful conclusions from data; experience and ability to apply business process re-engineering and business analysis within an agile development methodology.
* Experience and ability to develop digital and omni-channel solutions by putting the customer first; proven experience and ability to deliver implementation strategies and change management plans.
* Strong influencing skills to facilitate cross functional working for timely delivery of business solutions.
* Proven ‘Can Do’ attitude and the ability to work independently with 'virtual’ supervision and under pressure; take the lead in unclear circumstances in order to progress an initiative.
* Communicates in an open, clear, concise and well-structured way to share information with others whether verbal, written, presentations or other media.
* Persuades and influences others using a range of approaches to achieve deliverables.
Salary - Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, stakeholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.