Global manufacturing Group requires an experienced & ambitious Product Manager to develop a portfolio of technically advanced, speciality products; this is a new role created to reinforce their NPD capabilities and strengthen their future management succession plans”
BASIC: up to £70,000 + Bonus + Additional Group Benefits
LOCATION - Homebased in the UK, the role will require travel throughout Europe (circa 25-30% of your time)
THE COMPANY - Product Manager - Speciality Technical Products
We are a global manufacturing group operating in 57 countries and employing over 48,000 worldwide. Our products and solutions are at work all over the world. From the spaces we live and work, cars we drive through to the mobile devices we rely on, you are never more than a few steps away from one of our innovative, specialist products or solutions.
As part of our European sales operation, we wish to recruit a Product Manager to manage and develop a portfolio of technically advanced, chemically related, speciality products for one of our global divisions which manufactures and supplies, through specification, to the Automotive OEM Tier 1/2, Transportation (Marine, Commercial Truck and Bus, Rail & Aerospace), Alternative Energy, Petrochemical, MRO, and General Industrial OEM markets.
THE ROLE - Product Manager - Speciality Technical Products
A detailed brief will be provided to shortlisted candidates but in summary and as part of our established, international product development and marketing team you will:
* Meet our customers, sales teams, technical service, channel partners, specifiers, research and development teams to understand customer & market needs and product requirements (voice of the customer/observational VOC).
* Work closely with cross functional teams throughout the product development process to develop and implement marketing plans including price ownership to meet revenue and profit targets for the product portfolio defined.
* Be responsible for directing regular communication, support, and training to our sales and service organisations across the division and business segment.
PLEASE NOTE - This is a new role created to strengthen our NPD capabilities within the above market sectors and future succession planning within these teams.
We would be delighted to receive applications from any experienced Product Managers who meet the following criteria:
* Have managed and developed a portfolio of technically specified products that are used either within a manufacturing process or for MRO (maintenance, repair and overhaul) applications. We are very open on the product application experience we will consider as it is more important you understand NPD, the processes of bringing products to market and the product life cycles than have specific related product experience.
* Any understanding and/or appreciation of chemically related products or experience of developing products for our target markets would be advantageous but is not a pre-requisite.
WHAT IS KEY FOR THE PRODUCT MANAGER ROLE ARE:
* A genuine passion for product ownership and business development.
* A detailed understanding of strategic product planning, product road mapping and technical programme management.
* The ability to deliver exceptional results through natural interpersonal, intellectual and leadership skills.
* Your capability to take on more senior leadership roles in the future.
* There is huge potential for career development within our division and the group globally. Where possible, we have an active policy of promotion from within and firmly believe in the development of all personnel
* Salary expectations will not be a limiting factor for the right candidate
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant John Gowen quoting Product Manager - Speciality Technical Products, reference JG1710-53 to DD: +Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.