4 months ago
Product Manager - Cloud & Managed Services
Type of role: full time permanent
Hours: Monday-Friday 09:00-17:30
Holidays: 25 days plus Public Holidays
Overall purpose of the job:
Planning, launching and in-life management of a specific portfolio from strategic planning to tactical activities; ensuring that the product, price, placement and promotion are effective in maximising revenues and margins.
Key responsibilities for this job:
* Act as the authoritative source for all information about the assigned products.
* Manage the development of product literature, documentation and processes.
* Review and analyse the assigned product portfolio/individual products competitiveness in the market place and value to the company providing regular reports, win/loss analysis and strategic recommendations.
* To analyse the suppliers, people, processes and tools involved in any product and work to develop continual improvements.
* Maintain and develop the Business Plan for the assigned products, including market analysis, competitive analysis, positioning, financial analysis and other areas.
* To evaluate and benchmark product pricing against competitors.
* To carry out detailed analysis of product cost.
* To track product volumes, revenues and gross margin.
* To recommend pricing strategy for individual products and portfolio.
* To assist Pre-sales and Operations in bids where ad-hoc or bespoke product development and pricing may be required.
Placement and Promotion
* To define the Go-To-Market strategy of the product within the different channels with the Marketing and Sales departments.
* To act as the product evangelist, both internally and externally.
* Work with sales to maximise product performance and achieve revenue targets.
* To support and/or deliver necessary training.
* To support the production of marketing and sales materials.
* To support marketing in developing the promotion plan including advertising, PR, direct mail and telemarketing
* To act as a presenter at shows, events and conferences
* Develop ideas for new products and enhancements through research and analysis into market trends, clients, target customers, competitors or other sources.
* Create and maintain the business plan for product development (new or in-life upgrade).
* Agree with the Products Director the product roadmap for all current and proposed services within the assigned portfolio.
* Ensure, through clear requirements and expectation setting, that key internal and external suppliers fully understand requirements for enhancements and new developments and deliver against them.
Knowledge and experience required:
* sound knowledge of Product life-cycle
* Product and market knowledge of solutions such as: Cloud, DC, IaaS, PaaS, Managed Applications, Managed IT
* Able to develop concepts into services based on an understanding of the business requirements.
* Creative individual with a combination of technical vision and commercial acumen
* A committed individual that understands the urgency required within a fast moving business and able to prioritise accordingly.
* Knowledgeable and passionate about the connectivity services market and its innovations.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Good presentation skills.
* Good relationship building skills
* Strong problem solving skills.
* Strong time management skills.
* Good skills with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
"Achieve the status whereby Exponential-e 3.0 is formally acknowledged among our peers, competitors and clients as the most advanced and innovative business technology enabler in The World. A World-class company..."