Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies. We offer an extensive array of award-winning products across the world ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for business and the home, to electronic and crystal devices.
We are searching for a Product Manager to be responsible for our GPS sports watches. Reporting to the Sport Watches Business Unit Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for all pre-launch activity including product design and specification as well as identifying competitor activity and potential customers, agreeing pricing and being the product champion for this product group. The successful candidate will work closely with our Sales Teams and Head office in Japan in this high profile role to ensure the smooth launch of the products and the on-going success of the sales strategy.
This role is based in our offices at Westside, Hemel Hempstead, Herts and will involve some travel across the EMEA region and Japan.
- Be the 'Product Champion', 'evangelist' and 'go-to' person for sales teams, partners and customers on all product related questions/queries regarding products and associated programmes / markets / technologies
- Liaise closely with the Head office in Japan product team to assist in the development of Customer Value Propositions (CVP) that fully match local customer requirements
- Identify target segments and develop go to market strategies to address those targets
- Responsible for all pre-launch activity including product design and specification
- Develop training materials to communicate the CVP for products for local purposes, and present these to Epson and Channel sales staff
- Support local sales and marketing colleagues at customer events / Journalist presentations / exhibitions etc. to ensure that products are presented / demonstrated at their best
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the key competitors, complementary vendors, end users and channel partners who influence the market
- Gather information from sales teams and directly from customers / channel on market trends and competitor information (new products / price positioning / promotional offers etc)
- Provide feedback to the Head Office in Japan to ensure that local market situation is fully understood
- Evaluate new products/software, identifying problems and potential solutions to the Central Business Unit
Key skills and experience required to perform this role:
Applications are welcomed from Product Managers currently operating in the GPS Sports watches industry or alternatively a related sports industry:
- Product management background preferably within a related industry ideally with experience of launching new products
- Enthusiasm for technology and an inquisitive mind
- Good communication and presentation skills and the ability to network
- Understanding of the market sector, and appreciation of major channel influencers and end users
- Ability to assess and assimilate multiple information sources
- Experience operating in a matrix organisation with central functions
- Very good Excel knowledge and general IT knowledge (PC and Mobile OS's, Network)
If you are seeking an opportunity to work for a market leading vendor, shaping the future of our GPS Sports watches offering we would love to hear from you.
Epson makes products for a wide range of customers and we are committed to having a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive salary and with an outstanding suite of benefits. Colleagues based in our offices at Westside, Hemel Hempstead work in an excellent waterside location with close proximity to Apsley train station, onsite parking and a subsidised restaurant.