3 months ago
Location: London - Longacre
Salary: up to £60,000
Full time, permanent.
This is the job
As the Product Manager – Routeplanner & Digital Display your role will have 3 dimensions:
1. You will be the Product Manager for the Routeplanner & Traffic areas of the AA website – ensuring the product continues to meet changing customer needs.
2. You will be maximising the commercial value to the AA of the Routeplanner, which comes from:
1. SEO support for theAA.com – the Routeplanner generates c.78% of traffic to the website
2. Internal advertising, cross-sell and data generation for the AA
3. External advertising – generating revenue to the AA from display advertising across the website (most prevalent on the Routeplanner & Traffic areas of the site)
3. You will act as a Subject Matter Expert and provide expertise to the wider AA (Group Marketing & Digital teams in particular) to maximise the effectiveness of display and social media advertising
You will be expected to manage external advertising partners & agencies, as well as working closely with other suppliers & internal teams, applying their own expertise to product development, display advertising management & display campaigns to achieve commercial objectives.
What will I be doing?
Routeplanner & Traffic
Your core responsibility of this role is to manage the Routeplanner & Traffic product, ensuring the services offered meet customer needs.
This will be achieved by a number of activities, including:
* Owning & managing the product strategy and product roadmap for Routeplanner & Traffic
* Ensuring the Routeplanner & Traffic pages meet customer needs and fit in with the AA brand and long-term strategy of being a problem solver for members
* Maximising the value of Routeplanner to customers & the AA – across SEO, cross-sell, data generation and advertising revenue generated
* Overseeing the maintenance and delivery of route-planning data & algorithms
* Managing suppliers & contracts for services to support Routeplanning & Traffic services
* Managing the AA’s external advertising partner(s) – currently Switch
* Working with internal and external development teams to maintain and change the digital product
This must be achieved whilst maintaining the AA’s brand values, public trust and meeting all legal and regulatory requirements, now and in future (for example GDPR and e-privacy).
Digital Display & Social Advertising
Alongside managing Routeplanner & Traffic as a product, your are also expected to help the AA derive the most value from its own investments in display & social media advertising. This will be carried out in conjunction with the Head of Digital Sales & Marketing, colleagues responsible for individual products and Group Marketing.
Campaign objectives vary across awareness, engagement as part of content marketing, prospecting and re-targeting. Campaigns will be executed through external digital marketing agencies, and creative produced by a production agency. You will be expected to be involved in campaigns from strategy, through to execution and impact measurement – providing expertise to help (digital) marketers drive maximum return on investment for the AA.
What do I need?
* Recent previous experience of digital product management, and strong working knowledge of the digital display advertising value chain, strategy and execution
* Working knowledge of – and ability to trade-off through commercial analysis – value of SEO, digital display advertising, and internal cross-sales in order to optimise value to the AA
* Commercial acumen and experience of managing commercial & supplier relationships is vital
* Analytical and numeracy skills are a key requirement of this role. You will be expected to manage budgets and analyse performance to drive insights, decisions and improvements
* Experience of website management and product development is an advantage, including Agile Scrum experience as a Product Owner
* Knowledge of the creation & management of display & social media advertising campaigns
* Knowledge and experience of Google Analytics for reporting and analysis
* Knowledge of electronic mapping, routing and navigation systems
* University education within an analytical domain (incl. STEM) is desirable
* Agile Product Owner experience and certification is desirable
* Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence is desirable