3 months ago
Product Manager, Working Capital - London
Product Manager, Working Capital - London
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We have an opportunity for a Product Manager, Working Capital to join our Working Capital team in London.
The role of the Product Manager, Working Capital is to develop and manage Working Capital products and propositions in line with internal and external regulations. In addition support the Santander Corporate & Commercial Banking (SCCB) business develop propositions that meet customer needs, whilst driving profitable income and growth in SCCB that meet capital and shareholder return requirements.
The role holder will have full ownership of the Working Capital product set or a subset thereof, tracked via a complete balanced scorecard.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Product Manager, Working Capital your main responsibilities will be:
* Owning and implementing product plans for SCCB, taking into account industry and economic information, market intelligence, customer/sector behaviour, emerging technology and regulatory requirements
* Leading enhancements to existing, and delivery of new product developments to achieve acquisition targets supported through development of commercial and insight driven business cases, achieving product excellence for the bank’s customers
* Identifying and delivering initiatives to support the acquisition of customers to ultimately achieve customer primacy
* Establishing strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders, including Origination and Relationship teams, other product owners, Risk, Compliance, Legal, Technology & Operations and Finance
* Determining pricing, origination and marketing strategies, ensuring that benefits in terms of customer satisfaction and financial metrics are realised
* Leading robust business cases through product governance that seek funding to support the development and execution of the product plan as required
* Reviewing, evaluating and managing risks, to ensure adherence to the Bank’s risk framework and wider industry regulations.
Minimum skills and experience required:
* Proven Supply Chain Finance & Invoice Finance product knowledge
* Well-developed Credit and Risk management skills
* Experience in business case development - ability to develop business cases and pricing proposals; presenting a clear proposition and financial benefits
* Broad awareness of market trends and industry developments and the ability to interpret these within product development plans to drive change
* Sound understanding of Trade & Working Capital products, and a well-developed appreciation of how their product set interrelates with different customer needs and buying criteria
* Experience of a product development and approval life cycle, turning strategic concepts into defined business outcomes
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Ludgate Hill office in London is in the heart of the city, within walking distance of St Pauls and City Thameslink. Housing a range of key business areas from Retail, Corporate and Wealth division to our Santander Business, Technology & Operations and Innovation Hub. Surrounded by restaurants and coffee shops the atmosphere is a vibrant one
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.