5 months ago
A global payments company is recruiting for a Product Owner / Product Manager with extensive successful B2B product management experience in the payments industry.
As Product Owner / Product Manager you will be primarily responsible for the product development, delivery and management of payment products.
This role will be responsible for ensuring that existing products are managed, to deliver planned revenues as well as product enhancements, mandatory change and customer requested changes within the overall project budget.
As such this role includes time performing the role of the product owner in the development cycle. The product owner is the product champion throughout the lifecycle of the product and is an expert in the features, benefits and capabilities of the product and how they meet the needs of current and future customers.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Expertise
• Extensive successful B2B product management experience
• Experience in the payments industry, ideally with product management responsibility.
• Strong analytical skills and financial literacy, including forecasting and planning.
• A proven track record in product planning, delivery and on-going management in a Financial Services organisation.
• Ability to plan and organise effectively and deliver to deadlines.
• An attention to detail, a ‘right first time’ approach.
• Experience of engaging with external customers (in a sales or relationship management role)
• Experience of engaging with internal customers (e.g. IT, Operations finance and marketing)
• Able to communicate at Board level through to technical level.
• The ability to build cross-functional relationships and to work, under pressure, with different teams.
• A good grounding in the UK and International Payments Market.
• An entrepreneurial spirit coupled with good negotiating skills.
• Ability to build and inspire virtual teams to achieve challenging objectives.
• Experience in managing a small team.