Job Title: Insight Analyst / Commercial Analyst (x 2)
Salary: £20,000 - 30,000 dependent on experience
Job Type: Permanent, full-time position, Monday - Friday 8:30 - 17:00
About the Role:
An active member of the Insight/Commercial team within the Company's Commercial Group, the Analyst will have exposure to a range of consultancy projects within the food and drink industries. You will join the Company as an entry level analyst and develop expert knowledge in key countries and food/drink categories.
The ideal candidate will be confident in undertaking new challenges, will have excellent numeracy and analytical skills, verbal and written communication skills, be able to work on multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment, and be a strong team player.
- To work on client projects alongside a team of analysts and consultants
- To conduct primary interviews with manufacturers, distributors, retailers and other industry stakeholders for data collection and help form basis for client recommendations
- Effectively identify information sources, gathering and interpreting data and presenting findings to project team members
- To analyse qualitative and quantitative data, develop insights and recommendations, and convert into client-presentable format
- To develop particular knowledge of specified countries and food/drink categories
- To support Insight team in managing incoming enquiries
- To give internal presentations and attend tradeshows for information gathering and contacts
- To work on internal process improvement projects with Consultants and Senior Consultants
- To follow internal processes relating to quality, contact management and company policies.
Skills and Qualification:
- Passion for food and drink industry
- Intermediate level MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in other languages preferable, such as Mandarin, Russian, Portuguese, Spanish or South East Asian languages
- Understanding of secondary source material
- Commercial awareness - demonstrate an understanding of clients' industries and their strategic and operational challenges and opportunities
- Robust qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Tenacious in the pursuit of information
- Proactive, resourceful and able to multi-task
- Strong team player
- Creative and independent thinker, enjoys being challenged
- Track record of continuous improvement and excellence
- Bachelor's degree or above in Statistics or a Social Science discipline
- Planning and organising
- Proactivity and initiation
- Meeting and exceeding customer expectation
- Collaborating and influencing others
- Effective communication
- Analytical and conceptual thinking
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Travel may be required depending on project requirement.
- Holiday entitlement is 28 days including bank holidays (increasing one day with each year of service up to a maximum of 33) plus 3 days between Christmas and New Year
- Discounted gym membership
- Private health cover
- Life assurance
- Sick pay scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Data Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, Systems Analyst, Solutions Analyst, Business Analyst, Analyst, Business Reputation Analyst, BI Analyst, Reputation Analyst, Information Analyst, Junior Analyst, Graduate will also be considered for this role.