14 days ago
Project Manager (Level 2) - Cruise Transformation
* Project Manager (Level 2) - Cruise Transformation
* Saga Cruises Ltd
* 20/02/2018 22:59
Salary Up To
Job Description Summary
Saga Cruises faces an exciting future. In June 2019 and August 2020, it will take delivery of a two new ships, at a time when the industry in general is expanding and the demographic that feeds Saga’s customer base is burgeoning.
Saga Cruises has set a clear direction for its future operation and the arrival of its new ships will change the current business model and, in addition, presents the opportunity to assess all parts of the business to understand how the business might improve the product and operation to match the needs of current and future customers and ultimately deliver growth.
To achieve this, the Cruise Transformation Programme has been formed.
The Cruise Transformation programme currently seeks an experienced Project Manager that will provide co-ordination, support and project management to two key projects that exist within the programme - Project Olympic and Operational Transition. Olympic is responsible for the build and delivery of our two new ships, work streams within this include Product and Hotel Design, Technical and Electrical, Maritime and Safety and Finance/Commercial. Operational Transition is key to developing the new operating model (people and processes) on-board which includes Technical, Marine and Safety, People, V-Ships Management, Hotel and Safety Culture work streams.
The jobholder should be able to lead and contribute to all aspects of change management and drive deliveries of the highest standard in line with Saga business processes. This make take the form of co-ordinating the implementation of new/changed product and systems offerings, supporting the implementation of the Cruise strategic business development, resolving issues and feeding recommendations for improvements back into the Project Leads.
The key strategic nature of many of the projects and changes that are managed through the programme will also provide the opportunity to work with a variety of different people and teams and will regularly involve interaction with senior management. Joining this team is an excellent opportunity to expand your knowledge of Saga through increased exposure to the different business areas and will provide the successful candidate with a solid foundation for a career in project or change management.
* Provide project management functions and support to Project Leads .
* Co-ordinate and drive implementation and development of new and existing technologies.
* Responsible for the development and tracking of work stream project plans. Working with the team to ensure actions are completed and deadlines met.
* Preparing Board meeting agendas and steering packs for both projects, recording and distributing of actions at meetings.
* Adheres to the project management governance as set out in the programme.
* Implement various technical and business change as raised through the programme’s work streams, feeding recommendations for process improvements back to the Programme Director and implementing these where agreed.
* Track the progress of change through the development and testing process.
* Accountable for monitoring and maintaining appropriate risk logs in accordance with the programme’s risk strategy and raising relevant project risks as they are identified.
* To identify and manage the impact of business change to an exceptional standard.
* To take a pro-active role in identifying improvements and changes that would benefit the team and the business.
* To provide support and resolve day-to-day issues as they arise.
* Challenge projects and project team members to ensure Saga Way values are central to any decisions.
* To complete Post Implementation Reviews of projects as required and feed recommendations for process improvements back into the Change Management programme.
* Carry out other duties in a professional manner as required that fall within the skills and experience of role holder.
* Act upon day to day direction and tasking from the New Build Director and Operations Transition Director.
* Carry out tasks such as business case preparation, policy drafting, process mapping and board paper preparation.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Project/Change Management experience.
* Experience in Shipping would be an advantage.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft office applications.
* High standard of written English.
Education and Qualifications:
* Degree or relevant alternative, would consider relevant business knowledge for non- degree candidates.
* Willingness to obtain qualifications (relevance and timescale to be agreed by manager).
* Personable and professional.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Strong co-ordination and organisational skills.
* Demonstrates the Saga Brand values.
* Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening.
* Excellent time management skills to enable successful delivery within agreed deadlines and to the required standard.
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
* Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
The duties listed are not exhaustive. Additional hours of work may be required, as determined by the needs of the business. Managers and staff may be required to undertake additional duties, responsibilities and projects as appropriate.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.