3 months ago
Project Manager (Level 3)
* Project Manager (Level 3)
* Saga Cruises Ltd
* 20/03/2018 22:59
Salary Up To
Job Description Summary
Saga Cruises faces an exciting future. In June 2019, it will take delivery of a new build, bespoke design ship at a time when the industry in general is expanding and the demographic that feeds Saga’s customer base is burgeoning with the addition of a second new ship in August 2020.
Saga Cruises has set a clear direction for its future operation and the arrival of its new ship will change the current business model and, in addition, presents the opportunity to assess all parts of the business to understand how the business might improve the product and operation to match the needs of current and future customers and ultimately deliver growth.
To achieve this, the Cruise Transformation Programme has been formed.
The Cruise Transformation programme currently seeks an experienced project manager that will provide consultancy, support and management to two specific projects that exist within the programme; Project Olympic and Operational Transition. Project Olympic is ultimately responsible for the design, build and commissioning of the new vessels whilst Operational Transition encompasses the operating model for our people on board and ashore for a safe and seamless introduction of our new vessels into service.
The role will take the form of leading and managing the implementation of new and/or changed product and systems offerings or project managing strategic change relating to these projects.
The jobholder should be able to lead and/or contribute to all aspects of change management and drive deliveries of the highest standard in line with Saga business processes. The key strategic nature of many of the changes that are managed through the programme will also provide the opportunity to work with a variety of different people and teams and will regularly involve interaction with senior management. Joining this team is an excellent opportunity to expand your knowledge of Saga through increased exposure to the different business areas and will provide the successful candidate with a solid foundation for a career in project or change management. This role will deputise for the Programme Director.
* Provide comprehensive project management expertise and consultancy across all areas of the programme, leading multi-functional teams and other project managers within the projects where appropriate.
* Adheres to the project management governance as set out in the programme.
* Implement various technical and business change as raised through the programme’s work streams, feeding recommendations for process improvements back the Programme Director and implementing these where agreed.
* Drive and implement new and existing technologies within the projects.
* Accountable for monitoring and maintaining appropriate risk registers in accordance with the programme’s risk strategy and raising relevant project risks as they are identified.
* To identify and manage the impact of business change to an exceptional standard.
* To take a pro-active role in delivering project out comes to meet the defined objectives and success criteria.
* To resolve day-to-day issues as they arise and escalate issues to ensure there are ‘no surprises’ to stakeholders or the wider team.
* Monitor progress against agreed milestones and provide regular updates to all stakeholders.
* Challenge projects and project team members to ensure Saga Way values are central to any decisions.
* Act as deputy to the Programme Director when required.
* Carry out other duties in a professional manner as required that fall within the skills and experience of role holder.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Demonstrable knowledge of a similar role externally or substantial internal business knowledge.
* Qualifications in relevant change methodologies.
* Track record in delivery of key projects, change implementation and continual best practice improvement.
* Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to simplify and translate mitigation.
Education and Qualifications:
* Degree or relevant alternative, would consider relevant business knowledge for non- degree candidates.
* Willingness to obtain qualifications (relevance and timescale to be agreed by manager).
* Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening.
* Excellent time management skills to enable successful delivery within pre-set deadlines and to the required standard.
* Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
* Attention to detail.
* Able to lead multi-functional team to successfully complete assignment.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft office applications.
* Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
* Analytical approach to tasks, research and projects.
* Enthusiastic about change but sensitive to the effect of change on people and the business.
* Able to lead teams and chair project meetings.
* Has stamina to complete drawn-out tasks.
The duties listed are not exhaustive. Additional hours of work may be required, as determined by the needs of the business. Managers and staff may be required to undertake additional duties, responsibilities and projects as appropriate.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.