An exciting opportunity to join the team at The Beacon. We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic promotions officer to provide effective marketing and promotion of our community facility based in Wantage. The Beacon is a vibrant gathering place for the local community (named after the historic beacons along the town’s ancient Ridgeway) we offer a varied programme of live events from cinema, music, theatre and comedy to a regular activity timetable of classes and workshops, mother and toddler groups and children’s parties. The facility also boasts a friendly coffee shop and fully licensed bar.
Position: Promotions Officer
Location: The Beacon, Wantage, Oxfordshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £20,578 per year
Benefits: A basic 23 days annual leave per annum, rising to 28 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year. Flexible working and annualised hours; pension scheme; childcare voucher scheme; free parking.
- Use a range of marketing and communication tools to maximise income, by increasing attendances at events and increasing the choice of activities on offer
- Develop positive working relationships with local media to promote the facility and its activities through press releases and briefings, editorials, listings and advertising
- Plan a varied and engaging programme of events for The Beacon that meets the needs of the community.
- Plan the film screenings for the monthly cinema events
- Identify ways to increase awareness of The Beacon and promote its identity as a brand and ensure it remains a focal point of the town
- Develop, design and manage the production of a range of leaflets, brochures and other publicity to promote The Beacon programmes, activities and events
- Manage the marketing and promotion budget for The Beacon and review the impact of marketing initiatives on income
- Manage and further develop The Beacon website, e-newsletter and social media accounts
- Support The Beacon team in day to day running of the facility when required, such as taking bookings, helping in setting up rooms or serving in the coffee shop and bar
- Attend events to promote local awareness of the Beacon brand and facility
- Create regular user and non-user surveys in line with business requirements
- 3 GCSEs including Maths and English at Grades A – C or equivalent
- Experience working in marketing, promotions or communications
- A keen eye for detail
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft word, excel, power point, email, use of internet, social media and use of electronic booking systems
- Experience of managing and coordinating events and activities
- Work flexible shifts including evenings and weekends