PROPOSITIONS / PRODUCT MANAGER, LEICESTER - Hot Recruitment
This job expired on 28-02-2012
Browse Simply Marketing Jobs by Region
Browse Simply Marketing Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Product & Proposition Manager 13 days ago
PRODUCT MANAGER 6 months fixed term contract To manage the design and build of new consumer products for this leading membership organisation. Candidates should be able to create and implement N...
New Propositions Manager 12 days ago
New Propositions Manager, London, £75K - £90K basic + £7.5K car allowance + 10 - 15% Bonus + Benefits. An exciting opportunity has arisen for commercially driven and experienced New Propositions M...
Head of Propositions 26 days ago
Head of PropositionsSector: TelcoLocation: HammersmithSalary: £75-85,000 basic salary plus bonus benefits and car allowance A world renowned brand name Working within a growing propositions team Un...
Better Placed Marketing is currently working on an immediate requirement for an International Banking/Financial Services business. Working in the Global Payment and Cash management (PCM) part of th...
|Salary Details:||£30k - 40k per year|
|Job Categories:||Product Marketing Jobs|
Our client is the fastest growing European manufacturer of aftermarket car parts and they are recruiting for a Propositions / Product Manager in Leicester. Their product brands represent a range of OE quality replacement automotive products, supplying over 80,000 parts every day to over 5,600 delivery points in more than 136 countries.
This group operate two major market brands with five high-volume Manufacturing Plants, a Research & Development Centre, four European Technical Centres, eight International Logistics & Distribution Hubs and eighteen national and regional Stock Warehouses based across Europe and they employ 1,200 personnel across Europe.
As a major manufacturer and distributor of aftermarket automotive components in Europe, they are also a significant supplier to both high-volume OE vehicle manufacturers and low-volume specialists offering an unrivalled portfolio of over 100,000 product references.
In addition to offering a comprehensive product portfolio, the Group is also a market leader in lean manufacturing, worldwide distribution and innovative business systems. This allows total flexibility of global supply and providing the foundations to improve their customer service and competitiveness.
You will be responsible for 2-3 direct reports and also:
* Work with the Product Management team helping to shape and support Group culture and day to day business operations.
* Drive product development and provide a best-in-class philosophy to all aspects of the product portfolio including cataloguing, range, price, cost, margin concerns to maximize profit.
* Liaise with internal & external marketing agencies, providing support, analysis, feedback & market intelligence enabling effective & timely marketing campaigns for the programme.
* Liaise with internal and external product teams and personnel gathering and collating performance analysis and intelligence
As a Proposition Manager your main responsibilities will be to:
* Develop and shape strategy for product range ensuring complete group buy-in and acceptance.
* Manage with the product Buyer to establish and develop new strategic supply partners ensuring high quality, technically competent purchases.
* Work with the Sales team in product promotions and sales drives.
* Manage the workload of Product Analysts maintaining a close connection with the quality and presentation of company catalogue data (paper or electronic).
* Attend Sales and Operations meetings with CAT logistics ensuring a close working relationship.
* Establish Group potential by identifying spend levels, trends & opportunities from competitor sales data.
* Attend meetings at all management levels providing accurate & timely reporting/presentations, to communicate performance and market intelligence of necessary programmes.
* Formulate and implement group strategy across product range
* Take responsibility for profit and loss across product range
* Degree educated, preferably in a marketing or business based subject
* Advanced IT skills, especially Excel PowerPoint and Word are also important
* The ability to update Web based material would be an advantage
* Demonstrate experience and skills in being able to take raw data and convert into concise and accurate reporting
* Experience of working within the automotive industry would be an advantage.
* Previous marketing experience would be an advantage
* Will have excellent communication skills, with an ability to communicate at all levels.
* Self organisation and time-keeping skills are paramount. The role requires a self-starter who is able to work proactively
* Good problem solving and analytical skills are important, showing tenacity and a strategic approach
* Numerate & literate
* Ability to present effectively & professionally at all levels
* The ability to manage your own time in conjunction with those of your direct reports.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please note that in accordance with Hot Recruitment Consultants recruitment and consultancy processes, if you are shortlisted your CV may be sent to the Hiring Manager at our Clients business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
Applications will only be considered if we are provided with a full CV detailing your recent work experience in a similar capacity with dates of employment and ensure your contact numbers and residential address details are on your CV.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted and incomplete CVs will not be considered.