2 months ago
* Security Lead – Advice and Assurance, based at Head Office Swindon
* Target salary of £38,844, range from £34,960 to £38,844 (salary based on skills and experience or internal policy)
* Closing date 5th of February 2018
The Security Department has an exciting opportunity for a motivated professional to join the Security Advice and Assurance team. Nationwide is currently going through a period of dynamic change introducing new and cutting edge solutions to enable our customers to interact with us in the digital age.
The Security Advice and Assurance teams’ role is to support these changes with consultancy advice on IT Security, Data Privacy, PCI-DSS, Physical and Information Security, underpinning this advice with design assurance ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our customers’ data.
Who we're looking for
As a Security Lead Consultant within Security you will be a lead advisor for IT Security and Information Security with experience in a similar role.
* You’ll be motivated and passionate about your subject.
* Have the ability to identify and assess risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly.
* Possess excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
* Have the ability to present on specific subjects to groups (internal staff and third parties).
* Have the ability to develop excellent relationships.
* Have the ability to deliver work within tight timescales and to a high quality.
* Be an excellent team player but able to work on your own initiative.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
* Be educated to an A-Level or equivalent standard
* Be able to manage senior stakeholders and use your clear communication skills to articulate challenges in language your stakeholders will understand.
* Have experience in one or more of the following; IT, IT Analysis, risk and control or audit environment.
It would be nice if you also had:
* A recognised Security Qualification.
* A good working knowledge of PCI-DSS (PCI-P qualification preferred or equivalent experience)
* A good understanding of wider risks and issues that could be encountered by our change programmes.
What you'll be doing
You will be working in a friendly and established team of Security professionals supporting everything from local area initiatives to major corporate transformation projects. The successful candidates will:
* Support a substantial change portfolio across multiple channels and technologies;
* Provide pragmatic security advice enabling projects to comply with Group Security controls along with scheme and regulatory requirements;
* Create and maintain effective working relationships across the Group;
* Provide detailed risk assessments and ensure appropriate action is taken;
* Understand current and emerging security threats and defences within the industry;
* Understand the changing internal control environment, and ensure industry best practice is applied within NBS.