18 days ago
Senior Analyst – Portfolio Management (Secured)
Up to 44,400K
The co-operative bank has a lot to be proud of and this year marks 25 years since the launch of the Ethical Policy in 1992 which remains unique in UK high street banking. We believe our approach to banking, with values and ethics at the centre of everything we do sets us apart and remains the key reason why approximately 4 million customers choose to bank with us.
In your role as Senior Analyst – Portfolio Management (Secured) you’ll To ensure that the Credit Risk Strategies and Controls are optimised and that the Secured Retail portfolio is within the agreed Risk Appetite.to provide analytical support, insight and expert guidance to optimise the effectiveness of Strategies and Controls. To be responsible for defining & implementing best practice on identification, reporting and proactive management of current & potential high risk segments across the portfolio.
* Support the development of risk appetite limits and risk models through identification of key risk drivers.
* Monitor and report to the first and second line on the profile of business written against plan and key drivers of risk, highlighting variations and recommending actions as appropriate.
* Lead reviews into the effectiveness of credit risk controls and strategies including performance against key risk indicators, benchmarking against other lenders and analysis of actual performance against expectations, providing insights into any variances, with recommendations to Stakeholders for corrective action where necessary.
* Provide input into the development, maintenance and reporting of models used and derive appropriate credit score cut offs, process improvements & risk based pricing strategies.
* Provide input and challenge to ensure that all scorecards and associated decisions are built and recalibrated in line with best practices, are up to date and reviewed on a regular basis. The role holder will escalate performance concerns to the Senior Manager – Portfolio Management (Secured) as appropriate.
* Optimise the portfolio(s) and customer decisions through regular champion/challengers of policies & cut-offs, with recommendations to the respective Portfolio Senior Manager.
* Ensure that product and service design takes appropriate account of credit risk and that appropriate controls are put in place to manage those risks prior to launch.
* Lead the development of controls to monitor key drivers of credit risk against planning assumptions to identify variances and highlight these to senior management with insight and proposed management actions. This includes supporting senior management in the development of risk appetite limits and ensures that these are clearly communicated across the business.
* Lead the investigation of issues identifying and highlighting trends and emerging issues, together with the identification and development of appropriate solutions to improve the customer experience and business performance.
* Proactively share insights on current performance & expected changes arising from new strategies & policies with stakeholders. This will include implications on forecasts, arrears strategies, model builds & recalibrations. This will include channel, product and cohort splits
* Present to relevant forums and senior management on the performance of credit risk strategies, emerging trends and issues, including arrears, capital and provisions, providing recommendations as appropriate
* Evaluate and establish information sources, and carry out research activity, so that analysis can be undertaken based on sound and up-to-date data.
* Plan, control and deliver assigned projects, and participate as appropriate in cross-functional projects and investigations; ensuring requirements are delivered to plan.
* Build and maintain relationships and networks, internally and externally, seeking and sharing good practice and knowledge to support continuous improvement.
* Keep knowledge up to date in respect of credit risk management and develop skills to enhance personal capability in the role. For mortgages, this will include knowledge of the different valuation methods and their limitations, as well as a good understanding of the different needs and risks associated with Intermediary lending.
* Provide guidance, support and coaching to junior staff to facilitate their development and achievement of their objectives.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience required
* Educated to degree level in an analytical discipline.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Extensive experience of credit risk management and associated analytical techniques and practices.
* Extensive experience of mortgage products and Regulatory requirements.
* Strong communication (written and verbal) skills, including well developed presentation skills.
* Strong understanding of Customer Acquisition and Management processes, systems and practices along with commercial, financial and legislative requirements and issues affecting the wider financial services industry.
* Proven influencing and negotiation skills.
* Thorough understanding of Credit Reference Agencies and their data.
* Thorough understanding of Retail Bank data infrastructure and decision systems in respect of the Retail asset base.
* Proven Management and Leadership experience, leading and developing a team of Analysts.
* Planning and organisation expertise – including proven track record within a credit risk management environment in developing creative solutions to complex issues and delivery within defined timescales.
* Understanding and awareness of Basel II/III and associated regulatory capital requirements/calculations.
* Appreciation of specialist areas outside own area.
* Knowledge of the various asset valuation methodologies, limitations & how these can be applied in a controlled manner.
* Detailed knowledge of the intermediary market and its processes and controls.
Our Bank's focussed on continuing to create a more diverse and inclusive environment where all our colleagues can fulfil their potential. We love to receive applications from talented individuals across a diverse range of cultures, genders, ethnicities and lifestyles, who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you’re inspired to join us, we’re confident you’re just the sort of Senior Analyst – Portfolio Management (Secured) we’re looking for someone, who’s as dedicated as we are about growing our bank ethically, responsibly and passionately. Achieving ambitions as big as ours is a challenge you’ll thrive on as you enjoy career development, on-going training and the rewards of helping to create a better future for our customers, communities and colleagues.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact Kay Kimble on email@example.com or.