Senior Communications Officer
Our client is a forward thinking local authority, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who is able to communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme. They have modern open plan offices, smart working practices and the technology to support mobile working.
Position: Senior Communications Officer
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £33,225 - £37,872 per year, Grade 6
Benefits: A basic 23 days of annual leave per annum, rising to 28 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year. Flexible working and annualised hours; pension scheme; childcare voucher scheme; Cyclescheme; gym membership, free swims, contributory medical schemes, wellbeing appointments, free eye tests for DSE users, after work sports clubs and more; free parking available.
About the role:
The Senior Communications Officer will help publicise the activities and decisions, through all the media available both internally and externally and help project a positive image of the client through the press and online.
- Writing press releases, arranging interviews, briefing spokespeople and handling media enquiries
- Maintaining and improving the clients websites and shared intranet and ensuring that information on council activities on other council sponsored websites is up to date
- Copywriting for the clients websites and publications, including residents’ newsletter
- Advising staff and councillors on communications activities and issues
- Developing and implementing communications campaigns
- Developing and implementing annual communications plans
- Photographing services, events or activities for use in publicity
- Briefing suppliers on design, print and web requirements
- Supporting the principal communications officer and the communications manager
- Providing communications support to departments
- Managing and leading projects and events
- Contributing to the achievement of the clients corporate delivery plans and Corporate Strategy’s service plan
- Undertaking other duties and responsibilities as determined by the principal communications officer and communications manager
- Professional qualification in PR or similar field at least diploma level or equivalent level of experience
- Educated to at least A level standard, A Level English
- 5 GSCEs Grade A to C (to include Maths and English)
- Considerable media relations experience
- Proven experience in developing and delivering successful communications campaigns and plans, including social media campaigns
- Experience of managing and leading projects and excellent project management skills
- Considerable experience in copywriting for the web and newsletters
If you have the following experience or qualifications – it’s a bonus:
- Degree in PR or similar field
- Local government experience
- Experience in using Photoshop and social media
You may have experience of the following: PR Officer, Public Relations, Media Relations, PR Specialist, Corporate Communications, Marketing Communications, Marcomms, Marcoms, Press Relations, Communications Executive, Copywriting, Communications Officer, Senior Communications Officer, Campaign Management, Communications Campaigns, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.