Consumer & Shopper Insight Planner - Amsterdam
€85K-£100K + Exceptional Benefits Package + Bonus
Exciting new opportunity for an exceptional insight specialist to bring his/her skills, passion, strategic rigour, creativity and flair to this challenging senior role with one of the global leaders in the drinks industry, working across a portfolio of multi-award-winning premium spirits brands.
As an insight planner in the business, your role is to lead the total business with ideas and insights that sell more and build brands; working with brand and commercial teams, using insights to guide strategic decision making across the marketing mix within the ever-changing context of consumer and customer needs and behaviours.
Based in a talented, specialist luxury brand team in Amsterdam and reporting into a global planning director with a dotted line into a global brand MD, you will take on a substantial remit with a number of major projects to lead and the opportunity to drive strategy at a senior level across multiple markets.
Drinks experience is not essential for this role but you will need to develop an understanding of customers in both the on and off trade where the brands are sold, spanning luxury and more mainstream outlets. A key deliverable will be to identify commercially viable opportunities grounded in insights that will drive portfolio growth with consumers, shoppers and customers.
- Defining and articulating opportunities for brand/category/market growth, synthesising data and understanding from multiple sources - quantitative and qualitative – and joining the dots in a meaningful, actionable way.
- Uncovering deep insights AND making the strategic recommendations that will drive growth, influencing senior colleagues to make the right consumer/ shopper led strategic and commercially savvy decisions.
- Applying learnings from measurement and evaluation to increase productivity of the company’s A&P spend
- Fuelling the business with consumer/ shopper led ideas and initiatives so as to instigate change.
Our client is looking for an exceptional candidate with a track record gained in a leading FMCG or consumer goods environment; most likely with an earlier training in one or more leading research agencies or consultancy roles. You will bring intellect, leadership and inspiration to your role; engaging with senior management to buy-into your ideas.
Key skills and experience include the following:
- Proven track record in insight/planning roles with a significant focus on strategic planning including specific experience of brand positioning and advertising development.
- Insatiable curiosity for understanding consumers and the world they exist in, with evidence in applying this to drive brand growth.
- Strong experience in quantitative research and qualitative research with experience of managing research agencies.
- Great communication skills and ability to interact with those of a variety of different backgrounds and levels of seniority.
- Global perspective on the world.
- The confidence to challenge existing thinking / beliefs on shopper and consumer and brands and activities.
A true blue-chip premier league global FMCG business which has always prided itself on its ability to build strong and popular brands with innovative communications and brand building strategies. The culture is demanding and challenging and high levels of personal commitment and performance are expected but in return the rewards and opportunities for career development internationally are superb.
The Tarsh Partnership is committed to finding the right roles for talented candidates. We are a leading name in marketing recruitment with extensive marketing and recruitment experience working with brand management, communications, category management, customer marketing, brand consulting and insight/research specialists across a wide range of industry sectors. If you would like to discuss this role, please e-mail or call Adam Tarsh now.
If you don’t feel this role is quite right for you, but think you know someone who might be suitable, do please pass this advert on. We do offer a recommend-a-friend scheme and you could receive £200 in John Lewis vouchers should you recommended someone who is offered and accepts the role.