Senior Innovation Specialist – Leading FMCG Brand
£70K-80K + Bonus + Benefits Package
Innovation specialist needed NOW! One of those rare rare opportunities to take on a high profile role, leading the innovation agenda for one of those brands that you will know, love and definitely admire. This challenging and exciting role needs a creative-thinking, big-dreaming, commercially savvy, entrepreneurial FMCG marketer who thrives on a challenge and has ambitions to drive real growth for their brand; someone who is able to balance insight and intuition in their decision-making. And we’re also looking for someone with the ambition to be a country or group marketing director within 2-3 years.
Working within a European group Marketing & Innovation function, you will play a key role in developing a winning innovation strategy and pipeline to recruit more consumers, open up new consumption opportunities and continue to build a product range with scale and substance.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Leading the development of 2-4 major new innovation opportunities from idea generation through to successful pan-European launch
- Being a role model for agile innovation: using insight and instinct, favouring fast prototyping rather than lengthy research, and aiming to launch early and iterate in market
- Leading multi-country project teams, partnering with internal teams and external partners to shape the concept into a final proposition ready for launch
- Leading and coaching one direct team member
Our Ideal Candidate
With a robust background gained in top tier FMCG roles or perhaps in a leading innovation consultancy, you’ll have an exceptional track record of building and delivering highly successful innovation strategies. You will have a passion for food and health, with your finger on the pulse of the latest foodie trends. You probably spend your weekends checking out the latest restaurant and drive travelling companions mad on holiday by dragging them into a supermarket, just to check out what’s different. Ideally you will have direct experience in the food & drinks industry, but if not you will have lots of examples of how you fuel this passion in your free time.
Other skills include:
- Ability to blend insight and intuition to deliver break through innovations in product and/or packaging.
- Strong research knowledge to help plan consumer insight studies working alongside the insight team.
- Ability to assess financial and operational feasibility of ideas early in a concept development process.
- Track record of working cross functionally across commercial, marketing and supply chain delivery teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to make great connections across the business which enable the removal of roadblocks and effective solutions to be found.
- Senior management credibility – strong presentation skills, conviction, experience / track record and ability to work cross functionally.
If you are up to this challenge, talk to us now. This is one of those rare opportunities to bring your skills, experience and energies to a uniquely exciting and challenging operating culture in which you will be able to make a lasting impact on a business that celebrates success and embraces its people.