Job Title: Senior Internal Communications Specialist
Location: Union Street, London
Salary: Competitive, dependent on Skills, Qualifications and Experience
Job Type: Contract, Maternity Cover up to 12 months
Working Hours: Full Time, 37 hours per week
Looking for an opportunity to make a difference in a small but growing organisation?
Do you have experience in internal communications or employee engagement?
If this sounds like you then our client is delighted to offer an exciting role in their Marketing and Communications team as Senior Internal Communication Specialist.
You will be responsible for communicating the company's corporate story, objectives and outcomes to our client's employees in line with their internal communications strategy and you will play an integral part in increasing employee engagement.
- Develop, and execute the company's Internal Communications strategy.
- Working in tandem with HR to develop and distribute employee communications.
- Management and maintenance of the company's intranet, facilitating content input from content owners, ensuring activities and other engagement elements are up to date communicated.
- Advising on Executive Committee and Board level communications to staff.
- Delivery of internal events programme which includes annual staff event, lunch and learn and other ad hoc engagement events, facilitating social and charity events as well as supporting member events with the senior external communications specialist.
- Work with the Head of Communications to identify and alter external messaging for an internal audience.
- Support the Marketing and Communications team to manage a range of internal and employee communications, events and campaigns.
- Meet regularly with the Head of HR and Head of Communications to discuss internal communications support.
- Drafting and issuing internal communications, in line with internal communications plan.
- Management of the company's intranet and facilitation of business owner content.
- Drive staff engagement through a series of internal events.
- Develop and manage social and charitable committees.
- Continually review communication vehicles and methods, making recommendations for improvements based from feedback from staff and managers.
- Prepare bespoke communications on behalf of the Executive Committee members and board as required.
You will need to be a creative and energetic thinker, with knowledge and experience of designing and delivering effective internal communication programmes. A proficient writer, with a strong planning focus and the ability to manage a high workload, you will have a strong news sense and a highly flexible approach in order to manage and react to emerging issues quickly and effectively.
- Degree educated, ideally in Marketing or communications. Demonstrable equivalent level of skills and knowledge acquired through experience will be considered.
- Relevant experience in internal communication or similar function; experience supporting senior management communications.
- Highly effective communication, influencing and relationship management skills demonstrating personal credibility in delivering strategic information to peers, senior management and Board members.
- Understanding of how employee group's best respond to corporate messages.
- Excellent working knowledge of the pensions and investment market. Public and private sector experience considered, with a combination of the two desired.
- First class writing
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service at all levels.
How to Apply
Please click the APPLY button to send an up to date CV and covering letter demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the person specification for this role. You may also complete our client's application form which is available on their website.
IMPORTANT please note that as part of the recruitment process, candidates may be invited to complete both ability and psychometric assessments and will receive feedback.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Communications Specialist, Communications Officer, Internal Communications Specialist, Marketing Officer, HR Communications Specialist, HR Communications Officer, Marketing Assistant, Marketing Administrator, Marketing Analyst, Marketing Specialist, Marketing Graduate, Marketing Co-ordinator, Marketing Communications Officer, Online Marketing Officer, Business Development Manager, Sales Executive, Account Manager will also be considered for this role.