Marketing Data Manager – Global FMCG Company
£70K-£85K + Generous Benefits Package
Exciting and challenging new role with this global FMCG giant needs someone who can bring a rare set of skills to the business in this key role focused on pulling together data from multiple sources [internal and external] to help increase the effectiveness of the company’s massive range of marketing activity. This is a role that is all about raising the capability bar; using marketing, consumer and shopper insights to understand the impact of digital and traditional media as well as other forms of promotional investment, running the ‘what ifs’ and guiding the spend in a way that drives real sales growth across multiple brands in the UK and European markets.
Supported by a small team of analysts, you will be responsible for shaping the role, developing a clear strategy, sourcing the right data and putting the right structure, standards and governance around it. You will also be responsible for raising awareness of this performance-raising initiative across the business, with a mind always to increasing the quality of data too.
Key accountabilities include
- Defining the data strategy and delivery plans, ensuring the right environment exists to support the functional objectives, e.g. policies, standards, capability.
- Managing the team to ensure delivery of this high-profile initiative.
- Creating and sustaining effective relationships with internal & external teams, including building in-market data capability.
- Delivering an ongoing improvement in master data maintenance processes and quality.
Skills & Experience Checklist
This is an unusual role where skills and ability are more important than specific background, although it is likely your experience will have been gained in either data-rich client-side environment [FMCG, retail, telecoms, financial services] or within an insight or analytically based agency/consultancy. You will have a strong academic background with exceptional analytical thinking skills; someone who can cut through detail, build pictures out of numbers and make clear, commercially sound recommendations. Other skills include:
- Deep understanding of marketing and brand data with experience of using data modelling and analytical techniques.
- Solid grasp of data management disciplines, ideally with data design experience working within a global function or with major global clients.
- The ability to provide strong, visible leadership for data governance to geographically diverse virtual teams.
- The ability to build relationships with senior business managers to advance the global data agenda.
If you are looking for a rare challenge and the opportunity to showcase your skills, please e-mail your CV to Adam Tarsh now at The Tarsh Partnership.
A true blue-chip premier league global FMCG business which has always prided itself on its ability to build strong and popular brands with innovative and heavyweight A&P activity. The culture is demanding and challenging and high levels of personal commitment and performance are expected but in return the rewards and opportunities for career development internationally are superb.