2 months ago
Senior Marketing Effectiveness Manager
London - West
Marketing Effectiveness Manager, Econometrics
London, Hammersmith - W6 8BS
To £60,000 per annum and other great benefits
This role has been created as part of the significant investment Virgin Media is making into its data, CRM and analytics function in 2018, where we are dramatically expanding the team in order to further tap in to our extensive, rich datasets.
As part of this expansion, we are growing our effectiveness team, which covers three key areas: performance reporting; forecasting marketing demand and marketing measurement and ROI.
The team has a pivotal role in establishing optimal marketing budget and channel mix, defining marketing demand KPI forecasts and ensuring the business has a relevant and robust understanding of trading performance.
Through 2018, the team will be delivering a new key strategic project for Virgin Media: defining customer lifetime value and optimising ROI across multiple key business levers for both acquisition and retention across marketing, sales and commercial
Ultimately what it means for Virgin Media: investment decisions across the business are made with a complete view of customer value and the optimal return on investment - this is across the different dimensions of the business (i.e. channel, product, segments).
This role covers the Marketing Measurement & ROI programme, driving the delivery of a ROI measurement framework across the business, including marketing, commercial, sales and retail channels. This means establishing the volume impact, customer value and the cost base of pulling the respective levers - ultimately providing the platform for VM’s decision making.
Core to success in the role is delivering insightful analysis and managing stakeholders through the development of the programme, from marketing and digital to commercial and sales. This role delivers key actionable output with credible recommendations on planning decisions, both short-and long-term.
The role will be both very commercially focused and strategic in nature, engaging with senior stakeholders up to and including Executive Director levels. Ultimately success in role is defined by the decisions that you drive and the commercial value that these provide Virgin Media.
Routine reporting and insight generation are agile and incisive in this role, and ensure that any changes to expected performance are identified and diagnosed within timeframes that enable marketing, financial and commercial planning decisions to be made confidently.
* Lead the build and delivery plan for the newly Measurement & ROI modelling programme - working with both partner agencies and internal resource to source, analyse and leverage multiple data sources
* The goal for 2018 is the robust definition of ROI across the business. Key to this is creating and embedding processes and procedures that efficiently deliver the programme
* Define, gather and stress test inputs across: market level modelling, econometric modelling, pricing analysis, CLV modelling and acquisition costs
* Evolve the existing econometric modelling strand of the programme to understand ROI: ensuring it is robust, accurate and understood
* Manage a modelling team of analysts ensuring all data manipulation, processing and all modelling is of the highest quality
* Lead engagement and communication of the programme across the business: key to successful delivery and driving future value is building internal stakeholder relationships and getting buy-in to the programme across Finance, Commercial, Marketing, Strategy and Sales
* Develop output that is actionable and credible, with compelling insight that can be used to make key business decisions - deliver findings to range of audiences, including senior non-technical stakeholders,
* Support short and long term forecasting of marketing demand KPIs (another key role of the Marketing Effectiveness team), utilising output of the measurement & ROI programme
Skills and competencies required * 7+ years’ experience gained in a commercial environment, ideally with a marketing and econometrics background - using complex modelling solutions to drive tangible commercial value
* This commercially pivotal role will span many areas of the business and at an executive level - therefore the highest level of commercial acumen and experience is essential - you will know how to effectively navigate and drive change in a complex organisation
* Aligned with this, significant experience and success in running commercially focused and data dependent projects - ideally with strong knowledge of marketing and media planning
* Expert in financial and statistical modelling with a meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in own and others’ work
* Excellent stakeholder management and consultative skills. Proven experience of operating to Senior level but equally able to adapt style to different audiences
* Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
* Proven ability to get the best out of people and leveraging relationships to get things done
Technical skills we’re looking for
* Strong data handling and manipulation skills including quality assurance. Particularly in Excel but R/SPSS/SAS skills are also highly relevant
* Ability to extract commercially relevant insight from observations or results, add a compelling narrative and work into recommendations
* Ability to create and lead analysts in the development of scenario planning tools to inform key marketing and commercial decisions
Required critical behaviours
* The ability to drive projects at pace - a hunger to drive change and decisions
* Strong relationship builder - build trust and credibility quickly
* Strong resilience and ability to handle problems and barriers with innovation and injects pace into their work and that of others
* Thinks broadly and strategically, as well as being open minded and determined
* Solution driven and focused on commercial outcomes
* Acts swiftly and decisively with confidence
* Have worked in telecommunications or for another subscription based business in an acquisition or retention focused role e.g. financial services
* Coding/programming for data manipulation and automation of routines - R/SPSS/SAS
We’re a great place to work - and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, performance related bonus and, of course, discounts across Virgin Media products ad Virgin brands!
We embody the principles of what it is like to be part of the Virgin family. We are a collaborative bunch, and like to be a place where ideas and new ways of working can be forged.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!