Job Title: Senior Product Manager
Location: South Darenth, Kent
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum (OTE £48-£53k)
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
The Company is a leader in vehicle safety systems with a comprehensive range of products to reduce the risk of collision and maximise efficiency, including camera monitor systems, reversing alarms, ultrasonic proximity sensors, digital recorders and a thermal image camera.
They are currently looking to recruit for a Senior Product Manager to work collaboratively with the other Senior Product Managers, sales, marketing, logistics and engineering, in defining, launching and managing the Group's range of current and future products.
You'll take responsibility of the full product life cycle from concept through to retirement for category product leadership and managing a leading-edge roadmap delivering high quality products on time, in full.
In addition, you'll provide leadership in developing and growing new and existing products, drive business growth and profitability, manage the project deliverables and work with all support functions to meet commitments.
- Launch Assist in researching and identifying emerging new products and technology trends that are a good 'fit' for Brigade and its Product Roadmap. This may include visits to existing and potential technology and manufacturing partners (mostly in the Far East), customers, service partners and subsidiaries, and attending exhibitions/trade shows as and when required, both nationally and internationally. The aim being to gain competitive advantage
- Project manage potential new products and product variants through the company's Gate Process on the company's Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system
- Define and execute go-to-market strategies for new products and features to include positioning, pricing, time-lines etc
- Launch key new products to market, using co-ordination and project management skills to bring together required inputs, activities and tasks from various departmental stakeholders
- Liaise with and obtain project buy-in from key stakeholders across the business -especially managers within engineering, sales, materials planning & logistics, customer service and finance - to ensure timely delivery of activities and tasks
- Identify products for retirement and manage them through this process, so that the company's stock holding and product numbers are maintained at optimum levels for manageability and profitability
- A versatile approach to working across different product launches at any one time with the ability to oversee and report on progress at a high and detailed level
Education & Training
- BSc / BEng / HND - product or management related
- Prince or other management qualification(s) - Desirable
Experience and Skills
- Strong commercial project or product management experience vital (minimum 5 years' experience) with a track record of success
- Financially astute - margins/stock turn etc
- Proven ability to deliver cross departmental projects
- The ability to work across different product launches at any one time and to oversee and report on progress at a high and detailed level
- Expertise in product life cycle management
- MS Office - especially Excel
- MS Project
- Ideally with experience in one or more of the following (desirable):
- Camera Monitor Systems
- Alarms / Electronic Vehicle Sounds
- Mobile Digital Recorders
- Radar / Ultrasonic Systems
Personality and Motivation
- Self-motivated and takes full responsibility for the quality of own work
- Flexible approach, able to handle multiple projects
- Resourceful in providing solutions and support
- Practical aptitude with methodical approach to detail
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- A constant desire to improve on the status quo
- Articulate with high level communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with customers, management and colleagues
- Able to lead cross departmental teams and gain their trust and respect
- Helpful and approachable
- Strong customer orientation
- Team player
- Additional Languages (Desirable)
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Senior Product Manager, Commercial Project Manager, Production Planner, Project Planner, Production Planning Manager, Planning Manager, Production Manager, Production Manufacturing, Senior Product Executive, Senior Marketing Product Manager, Project Executive, Product Lifecycles, Process Executive, Vehicle Safety Systems Product Manager, Category Product Manager, Project Management, Product Market Strategist, Marketing Coordinator, Marketing Manager may also be considered for this role.