4 months ago
Senior Research Executive
Key words: Senior Research Executive, Research, Qualitative, Quantitative, market research, research studies
Our client is one of the largest independent market research consultancy groups, based in central Birmingham. They are looking for a bright, collaborative Senior Research Executive to assist in the implementation and analysis of qualitative and quantitative market research studies, ensuring that all findings and conclusions are clearly and accurately presented within the context of the project objectives.
• Assist in the design of qualitative and quantitative research studies.
• Implement and project manage qualitative and quantitative research studies, under the
• direction of senior staff.
• Undertake depth interviews and contribute to running focus group discussions, with
• senior support where necessary.
• Supervise the work of market research support staff
• Start to co-present findings, with support where necessary.
• Analyse data and assist in the planning and reporting of research findings.
• Understand the limitations and statistical accuracy of research data.
• Assist in the effective management of client relationships.
• Act in a mentor/coaching role for junior members of staff.
• Support the development of Research by Design’s website and web presence.
• Develop a strong understanding of the market research software packages.
• Carry out administrative and other duties in support of the studies being undertaken.
• Keep up-to-date with market research techniques and approaches being developed in the Industry
Desirable skills & experiences are:
• Degree qualified and ideally have, or be in the process of obtaining, a Chartered Institute of Marketing or Market Research Society qualification.
• Having gained an understanding of research and marketing
• Basic understanding of qualitative and quantitative market research methodologies
• Aptitude and willingness to undertake B2B and consumer face-to-face interviews and focus group discussions.
• Ability to manipulate, analyse, interpret and support the communication of complex information in a client friendly fashion using written and visual presentations.
• Good numerical skills and an appreciation of statistical analysis techniques.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including report writing.
• Experience of designing quantitative surveys and qualitative discussion guides using a variety of approaches.
• Ability to plan own work activities and contribute to several projects simultaneously
• Team orientation and high interpersonal skills.
• Logical and insightful thinking, demonstrating high attention to detail and pride in finishedproducts.
• Ability to contribute to research designs to exceed client expectation.
• Experience of managing client relationships within projects
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of software.
• Willingness to undertake continuous professional development, including private study.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.