Working for one of the major challenger brands within the Consumer Mobile Telecoms market as a Senior Product Development Manager, you will be responsible for bringing specific large-scale strategic product developments to market, starting from the insight ideation phased right through to delivery into life, leading cross functional teams, successfully landing market leading customer centric products which provide a competitive edge in a highly competitive and fast-paced market.
You're going to have end-to-end ownership of the product development cycle, from:
- Definition and delivery of the product requirements - these will be large-scale, strategic initiatives which can be enhancements to existing products and services, or their convergence - e.g. seamless passporting between fixed calls to wifi and back again, or development of new such as handset specific product solutions such as visual voicemail (as an example from in-market)
- Owning everything from inception, leading the project teams and delivery from a cross functional perspective too
- Definition of the expected customer experience for each new product/service brought to market
- Working with the technical teams to ensure product requirements are successfully brought to life, are of the appropriate quality and delivered within budget too
- Aligning with the testing and trials teams, then moving through to the go-to-market teams to ensure the product is well understood by front line sales and service teams too so they're able to successfully communicate the USP's to the end consumer
- Working on the above for product evolutions too, ensuring all future products are well aligned to the future vision of the overall product/service, that they're of the appropriate quality and all legal, regulatory requirements are all met and delivering an excellent customer experience in the process.
Despite being a challenger brand within consumer mobile, overall they represent one of the UK's Superbrand firms and one of the best in their respective industry. This particular opportunity represents a much more green-field opportunity than most with the company being heavily invested in a growth and development phase, establishing themselves as well as what their offering is to be within the consumer mobile industry. So you can expect to be kept busy leading on innovative solutions designed to provide a competitive edge.
They operate with an agile competitor mindset. In recent years they've become known for disrupting the status-quo within the telecoms marketplace through a lot of innovation and heavy investment into new technologies.
They have a serious ambition to become recognised as truly customer centric, which in itself is driving a lot of positive change across the business.
Role: Senior Product Development Manager - Consumer Mobile
Salary: £55,000 to £65,000
Benefits: £5k car allowance, up to 20% bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance and blue-chip benefits package
- Industry relevant experience within consumer mobile (must be consumer facing), developing and bringing to market new products and services, as well as managing products in-life
- You've been responsible for owning end to end the development and delivery of some quite influential and strategically important new products and services before - not just tactical, short term stuff
- Able to lead large virtual teams and big projects, you're a driving force and are able to demonstrate where and how you've taken ownership of deliverables, and seen them through a development process to a successful launch
- You understand the consumer mobile market, the market trends, drivers across proposition, products and technology
- Highly collaborative style of working, able to demonstrate where this approach has succeeded in bringing new propositions to market
- You've driven complex product development programmes and managed the associated budgets for these large-scale developments too
- Great understanding of the customer experience and how the product fits within this across sales and service channels, systems and mobile product models
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship cannot be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing