12 days ago
SQL Data Analyst – Milton Keynes
SQL Data Analyst – Milton Keynes
South East England
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We have an exciting opportunity for a SQL Data Analyst to join our team in Milton Keynes.
This a new function, utilising big data sourced from the data lake, to drive significant value add to the business. The team sits within the Operational and Accounting Control function in Technology & Operations; working in an agile methodology, we conduct in-depth business and customer analysis, in order to improve customer journey, identify incidents and revenue gaps, and ensure the safe operation of the business. The output the team provides reaches many high profile stakeholders, from all corners of the business, and has recently been recognised by our senior board, within the UK.
The main focus, of the SQL Data Analyst, will be to assist in the embedding of the global best practice control model and oversight, in back office operations, via Big Data analysis and automation, to protect BAU, drive continuous improvement to the customer experience and reduce risk.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a SQL Data Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Providing data analysis and business insight reporting, to senior management, to facilitate strong decision making
* Summarising large data sets into meaningful conclusions using a variety of data science tools
* Developing SQL tools and utilise “Big Data” analysis to perform critical transaction checks
* Developing, and managing, effective relationships with stakeholders, at all levels, within the organisation
* Driving cultural transformation across Operations and driving customer service excellence through enhanced analytics
Minimum skills and experience required
* Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
* A solid analytical background
* Proven SQL skills
* Self-motivated and driven, with the ability to influence stakeholders in other areas of the business
* Ability to think “outside the box”, creating innovative solutions and coaching the business to implement these solutions
Salary - £25,000 - £29,999
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.