5 months ago
If you get a thrill from fusing creativity with creative thinking, you could soon be joining the Dennis family as our new Staff Writer.
Full of bright ideas, our writers, researchers, editors, designers and filmmakers have a passion for crafting best-in-class content that engages and excites audiences across a wide range of channels.
You'll join our inspired and inspiring digital B2B technology team working across Channel Pro, Cloud Pro and IT Pro. Ideally you will have an interest in technology and you'll possess the enthusiasm and desire to learn and develop as a digital journalist. If you are looking for that first step into online journalism then this role is the one for you! In return we will ensure that you are supported by a comprehensive mentoring and development plan.
Your core role will be working as part of the editorial team, generating news stories, creating newsletters, reviewing some of the latest tech kits, and creating explainers on technical processes, as well as long form and short form pieces. In addition to other duties such as involvement in social media duties and much more.
* You will also attend trade shows, event launches and conduct interviews with the leading IT professionals and high ranking vendor personnel.
* You will learn how to communicate with IT and business professionals in a way that speaks their language and responds to their needs.
At Dennis, we’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work on and a culture that people want to work in and we want you to be part of the next success everyone’s talking about. Here's a few more things to think about:
* We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
* Our Commitment. We’re very proud to work for the benefit of The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of our vision.
* We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership.
* We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime, selecting from one of our handpicked travel experiences, to a variety of destinations that will certainly have the 'wow' factor.
* We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.
Dennis does not discriminate. We’re just interested in your skills, your talent and your potential. So if you feel like this role is for you, please press apply now.