3 months ago
Centaur Media plc
Job title: Staff Writer
Brand: Creative Review
Division: Marketing & Creative
Reports to: Group Editor
Direct reports: N/A
* Generating story ideas and writing selected stories across print, online.
* Seeking out and investigating stories via contacts, press releases and other media.
* Assisting in production of magazine, including subbing and picture research.
* Interviewing people in a range of different circumstances and contacting people in industry for publishable opinions/quotes.
* Looking for press releases and announcements in addition to responding to tip-offs and calls.
* Attending any conferences as appropriate.
* Creating and uploading content for the website.
* Writing content for printed magazine
* Checking stories for accuracy of content (e.g. facts, figures, people) and any potential legal issues.
* Ensuring articles are written in the house style.
* Sourcing images and graphics for stories.
* Attending industry events and acting as a representative of CR.
* Developing and maintaining contacts with key industry figures and staying abreast of industry trends.
Purpose of Role
The job holder is responsible for producing high quality editorial content across print and online. This includes developing existing and building relationships with key contacts and keeping abreast of all relevant industry developments.
Context of the Role
Centaur is a leading business information, publishing and events group providing marketing and information solutions within high value professional and commercial market communities.
This position is based in the Creative Review which forms part of Centaurs Business Publishing division. Launched in 1980 Creative Review aims to inspire, inform and stimulate debate among audiences in graphic design, advertising, digital media, illustration, photography as well as other fields of the creative industry worldwide.
Key Skills & Knowledge
* Experience in a similar role.
* Ability to produce accurate copy quickly and within deadline.
* Managing competing deadlines.
* Strong news sense.
* Market Knowledge and strong contacts book, particularly in design for digital products and services.
* Sub-Editing experience.
* Time Management
* People Management
* Relationship Management
* Balanced Judgement