Are you a technical Artworker keen to work with a great British brand?
THIS IS NOT A CREATIVE ROLE. THIS ROLE IS FOCUSSING ON PRINT READY ARTWORK.The Company
My client has grown from 1 man with an idea to over 6,000 employees in 70 countries. 2017 is going to see them doubling their footprint across the US and Asia…interested?The Role
The role reports to the Senior Artworker, and focuses on providing artwork support to creative origination, developing through the project lifecycle into final artwork, repro and certification for print. The role is responsible for providing Quality Assurance, ensuring correct process is followed, and Quality Control is effectively managed in the artwork and approval workflows. Working as part of the Artwork Studio, ensure that all those participating within the project are aware of technical solutions deployed to deliver print.
The role of the Artworker within the team is to offer a higher level of input to projects, based on the greater level of experience and knowledge gained through the graphics and print industry. Your day to day role will involve the following:
Experience we need.
- Ensure the origination of all graphic production line material follows company processes and quality controls.
- Work with Graphics and Packaging Category Manager, Packaging, Brief-writing and Creative teams to ensure that all print specifications are correct for purpose and on budget to the original BOM specification.
- Check all changes have been made in studio on artworks and that they are set up correctly in the first place
- Responsible for accuracy of files produced from creative scamps and or templates prior to repro and proofing, generating separations and taking through to print
- Develop skill base and technical knowledge of system software used on a day-to-day basis and assist in the upkeep of day-to-day file management and hardware.
- Maintain consistent working style within brand guidelines.
- Take responsibility for mechanicals and signing off files for quality and accuracy of artwork produced
- Using templates for build material
- Create, control and manage barcodes and their catalogues
- Brand control at the production stage
What you’ll get in return.
- Experience of working in a busy artwork production environment
- Knowledge of all litho, flexo, tampo print and production processes.
- Advanced skills in; Creative Suite 4
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Asset management and pdf workflows preferred
- Strong knowledge of preflight software and colour management
- Comprehensive Prepress and Print knowledge
- Strong understanding of POS and packaging mechanics
My client monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a management bonus, generous leave, life insurance, income protection, and private medical and dental care. But financial benefits are only the start. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
If you are interested please apply now.