We've got an amazing opportunity for a talented Technical Director / Business Director with expertise is Python and other software development languages. This is an opportunity to join an industry leading tech business who's cutting edge product will revolutionise analytics within their chosen industry sector - an industry that is worth billions of pounds globally. You must have excellent hands on software engineering / development skills using Python among other tech, and have the experience to lead a highly successful and growing technology business.The company.
The company is very well established with a huge customer base. They are the only company in the world doing what they do so it's an extremely exciting time to join them. The role.
The Technical Director / Business Director will play a key in the senior management team, helping to direct the business whilst getting involved with the development of bespoke new dashboards and new functionality for their product (using Python and related technologies). There will be plenty of 'business as usual' projects to get stuck in to, but also huge scope to shape the future of the business. The role can be shaped around the individual.
There's a solid marketing strategy in place to help elevate the business to the next level. They now need a technical leader to help them deliver their ambition as a business. The experience we need.
We're looking for a Technical Director / Business Manager with a strong Python Development background, ideally a manager who started out as a Python Developer / Software Engineer.
You'll need proven management skills, good commercial acumen and an innnovative mindset.
From a technical perspective, you'll ideally have a solid understanding of as many of the following as possible:
What you’ll get in return.
- Programming skills: Python (essential), C, Object Oriented Programming, Linux Shell
- A good working knowledge of operating systems such as Windows/Linux, Administration, Red Hat, CentOS, EC2
- Back end skills: RDBMS, PostgreSQL, SQLite, ODBC, SQL
- Additional skills in desktop, mobile, tablet embedded, as well as networking such as TCP/IP, VPN (Openswan/OpenVPN), Routers, ADSL, GPRS, 3G would be advantageous too.
How to apply.
- A competitive salary of up to £60k plus an equity share, depending on experience.
- A flexible working environment with options to work from home where reasonable (but you will need to be in the office part of the week as well).
- The chance to work on a 'one of it's kind' tech product which is already being used around the world with some huge organisations.
- The chance to shape your own role and work towards management/director level for the right person.
If this sounds of interest, then please click the apply button right away!
For more info on this or similar roles please give Tony Allen a call.