16 days ago
* A Technical Lead, based at our Head Offices in Swindon
* Salary £50,337- £72,709 dependent on skills and experience, plus status car or alternative cash allowance of £4,656
* Please send in your application by 4th February 2018.
The Nationwide Digital Roadmap forms the core piece of Nationwide’s corporate objectives. Digital interactions are increasingly becoming the primary way many of our members interact with the society. As a Technical Lead you will play a key role in delivering our Digital Roadmap to our members and will have the opportunity to lead the design of systems used by millions on a daily basis and featured in national media campaigns. You will get the opportunity to leverage the most up-to-date mobile application technologies and lead teams around the world to deliver changes to our members.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for an experienced individual to join our new technical capability function in the role of Technical Lead. Given the business requirements and outline architectures, your team is accountable for designing the solutions (functional and technical), and quality assuring partner system development.
We are looking for an IT professional with extensive experience in a technical design/architecture role as well as experience in leading and managing a team of technical experts.
You’ll have experience working for an organisation that operates a complex technical portfolio with multiple objectives and clients. You’ll be a robust character who has experience of working in a challenging environment. We are looking for someone who can manage variances and pressure effectively.
You will also have the following general skills:
* Strong stakeholder management and engagement skills which have been effective at all levels
* Well-developed negotiation and facilitation skills
* The ability to react with pace in a changing demand
* Some knowledge of project management methodologies and frameworks
* Line management experience
You will have the following Domain Knowledge and Experience:
* Experience of designing and architecting digital solutions
* Track record in development of web and mobile applications on a variety of platforms and form factors
* Up to date with emerging technologies and trends
* Multichannel delivery experience
* Experience of native application development for iOS, Android or WP10 – desirable
* Experience with Continuous Integration and DevOps
* Good knowledge of Agile methodologies and experience in working within SCRUM development teams
* Experience of designing performant, scalable and secure transactional web applications
* Experience of UML and UML design tools such as Rational Software Architect – desirable
What you'll be doing
As a technical lead and senior technical domain expert, you’ll be accountable for the integrity and quality of all deliveries within your assigned area, where you will provide consultancy and support services.
Key Accountabilities will include:
* Line manage up to 8 direct reports
* Design and task leadership within an assigned domain
* Lead on end to end design and technical assurance for all releases and deployments within your assigned domain
* Accountable for the production and review of designs and technical requirement across all environments
* Build strong working relationships internally and with associated strategic partners
* Maintain design traceability and alignment to outline architecture and business requirements
* Drive continuous improvements across your assigned domain and within your practice
* Assure that design and practice principles are followed
* Provide coaching and mentoring to your direct reports and their peers
* Identify and escalate cross domain inter-dependencies and relevant risks
* Aid Application Support as and when required, including consultancy support and service introduction support